spam???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spam???

Does it seem like there is a lot of spam coming through lately?
    See post below mine?????
    jm

its flooding the "General Forum" section more than any other it seems, id imagine its because its the first link.

A flag button attached to the first post of all threads would be nice, highlighting it to the Admins and i imagine a little less work for them as well.
    They could even do a punishment for people who abuse that button just to be an asshat.

i know alot of forums have a mandatory like 10 post before you can post your own thread, but then they would just post the bullshit in real threads and that would be more annoying IMHO
    WTB:m60b40 in PNW
    Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
    92 525it 5 speed.
    80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

The mods will clean it up. Most people are at work right now :p

Seems like there's more, but I am sure it's just that they slipped in while there aren't any mods browsing.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I like the idea in this thread^^^

a level of moderator specifically for clearing up spam. I mean idk the details of how easy it is to do that, but if its fairly easy to do then I think its a really good idea. plenty of guys are on here basically all day and I'm sure wouldn't mind cleaning things up a bit.

I agree with a flag button, seems like a good idea too.
        sigpic
        @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
        Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Threads about spam are becoming spam.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=372365

a level of moderator specifically for clearing up spam. I mean idk the details of how easy it is to do that, but if its fairly easy to do then I think its a really good idea. plenty of guys are on here basically all day and I'm sure wouldn't mind cleaning things up a bit.

I would be a part of this.
            E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=372365

We already have these people in place. And the flag button just fills our personal email with links to Spam that's been deleted by the time we check our email.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                Threads about spam are becoming spam.
                this was my first thought lol.
                sigpic
                @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  We already have these people in place. And the flag button just fills our personal email with links to Spam that's been deleted by the time we check our email.
                  yet there are threads I've flagged which are still there? Not sure how this is supposed to work..

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                    yet there are threads I've flagged which are still there? Not sure how this is supposed to work..
                    I for one rarely check my email. And when I do it has week old reported spam that I'm not even going to bother going through each one to see of its still on here or not. I can't speak for the others on how they handle it.

EDIT: Checked my email. And clicked each one that was for here. Every link I clicked on went to a thread that has been deleted, except one. It was a reported For Sale thread about a flat bill hat lol.
                    Last edited by JasonC; 01-05-2016, 03:58 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

^ rofl that's hilarious

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Comment

^ 30 threads deleted. I must of been the only one who got on here today, cause some of them was from 1:00am.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

What if this thread becomes the "official" spam thread. Let's report spams here, and mods can simply remove them by getting a notice from here. It seems to work on other forums where I am a mod. Just a suggestion.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

If you guys (the site staff) need a hand with spam deletion, I wouldn't mind taking the job on.

I'm often on the site during nights/weekends when other mods seem to be busy.

For example, right now there's 5 or 6 new threads that are spam, and I wish that I could clean it up.

If you guys have it handled that's cool, just thought I would offer. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X