Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Green 318iC

Picked this little lady up today:

1991 318iC, 149k, owner had the receipts for a bunch of work that he'd either done himself or had performed - to include bigger ticket items like brakes and shocks. Ran great on the test drive and during the 75 mile drive back from MD to VA (getting the safety inspection in the 3 day trip ticket window is going to be a PITA). AC blows cold, seat heaters get hot, all the power windows work and no rust that I could see. Did give it a nice coupe of hour detail when I got home, I think I'm a bit more obsessive about cleanliness then the previous owner.

Cloth is a fair bit dirty - that picture actually looks cleaner then IRL. Anybody have cleaner recommendations?

Initial troubleshooting/improvement list:

-central locking
    -hood release, we got it open during the inspection but I can't remember if he got the release to work or had to pop it from the front.
    -alignment, it's pulling to the right
    -tensioner, just to be safe

Question for other 'vert owners, it seems like the doors like to catch on the roof flap and not seat properly when I close them. Is this a common issue, or is it maybe because of the aftermarket roof?

Nice find, that color is hypnotic! As for the windows and the roof not being lined up perfectly, my windows get caught on the roof some times. I don't know how to adjust the roof like that, so I just close the door with one hand at the rear corner of the door window

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Love this color..I'm rather biased when it comes to it to.
      sigpic

Comment

wow

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

It's funny, when I was a kid I had a Matchbox e36 coupe in Lagunagrun. When I decided to start looking for an e30 last week and found this one I knew I had to have it :D.

Comment

Congrats! Hope to see you at some local events!

Comment

For the roof, it's just the top getting old so it kinda sags down a bit, what I did was lower the window a tiny bit.

You do this by opening the door panel and it's pretty straightforward after. I only moved it a little bit, so it didn't affect the window sealing against the seals.

Comment

Nice find. How much?
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

What I felt to be a fair price based on what I'd seen on here and around the web ;).

For the roof, it's just the top getting old so it kinda sags down a bit, what I did was lower the window a tiny bit.

You do this by opening the door panel and it's pretty straightforward after. I only moved it a little bit, so it didn't affect the window sealing against the seals.
                  Awesome! I'll dig into the service manual and figure out how to do this.

Congrats! Hope to see you at some local events!
                  For sure! Admission time, I've never driven a stick before so a friend came with me yesterday for the test drive/drive home. He gave me a first lesion today but I'm going to need a fair bit more practice in a safe environment before I'm confident for a drive out to the Dulles/Ashburn area.

Comment

Originally posted by cblais19 View Post
                    For sure! Admission time, I've never driven a stick before so a friend came with me yesterday for the test drive/drive home. He gave me a first lesion today but I'm going to need a fair bit more practice in a safe environment before I'm confident for a drive out to the Dulles/Ashburn area.
                    It's never too late to learn! 20 years of driving manual for me. LOVE IT.

Comment

Glad to see more Lagunas popping up. Solid example.
                      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

I'm uber jelly, good find!

Comment

I'm going to be on the lookout for replacement carpet (which seems to be a perpetual issue, especially for us 'very owners). For some reason the carpet on the rear hump is super worn - besides the cigarette hole on the back bench that's probably the biggest blemish on the interior.

Oh, found this little bonus tucked into its pocket in the owners manual case:

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I updated this. Haven't done much personally besides detailing, cleaning and lubing the window regulators and trying to troubleshoot the central locking.

On the other hand, I had a recommended local BMW performance shop do a PPI (thanks mike.bmw!) and they found a bunch of wear items they recommended changing - including a driveshaft flexdisc/guibo on the verge of failure. Between them and another shop I've had the following done over the last month or so:

-driveshaft flexdisc (although they said the CSB was fine and didn't replace)
                            -shift shaft seal
                            -all 6 fluids
                            -steering rack flex disc assembly
                            -front brake pads/rotors
                            -muffler hangers

On the project list for later this summer:
                            -control arms/bushings
                            -rear subframe bushing set

Once those are done, that should be about it for major wear items for quite a while! Car runs wonderfully now, perfectly smooth when the AC is off. Downside is that now that the steering flex disc is no longer all worn down and torn I can feel a fair bit of vibration from the front end. The shop did mention that the two front rims are bent, so I'm now in the market for a pair of bend-free/clean "bottlecaps" to replace my bent ones in hope that it resolves the vibration issue.

Comment

Nice update! I'm glad the shop worked out.

Comment

Working...
                              X