Door lock clip help - 1991 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door lock clip help - 1991 318i

So i recently swapped out my old door lock on the driver's side door with a rebuilt one. But I am having a pretty hard time fitting the new one back in. I was able to line up the lock arm in-between the two prongs of the door latch.

The big c-clip is what is giving me problems at the moment. Everytime I fit the c-clip back it jams or blocks the door lock in such a way, that I can't unlock the car, only lock...

The big c-clip also has a thicker section attached to it with 2 wires running through it. I am wondering if anyone knows what this extra piece is for?? I can't see where the wire connects to since my car doesn't have the service cut out in the door.

With the c-clip left off though, the lock seems to work just fine unlocking and locking. I am hoping I can buy another c-clip and just use that...
    I will try and find a picture of the clip in question on google or attempt to doodle one.

The wires and element on the c clip is for a locking warming/deicing function. You are better off not connecting the wires. Make sure the actual clip is against the inside of the door panel vs the element.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

those wires are there to heat the plate (this is your heated door lock)

C-clip is hard to press in. Trick is to make sure that the door lock tab (the last bit of it that actually sits into switch latch mechanism before pushing the c-clip in. If it's not sitting right into the mechanism then it gets jammed up and won't work.

Comment

ok thanks a bunch fellas. I think i'm just going to buy another c-clip and tape the old one against the door.

Comment

Working...
        X