Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Ok I ditched all my other plans and I need the following info.

1990 325is, it will be on Koni Adjustables with H&R Sport springs. I have IE Wilwood BBK the 16" slim versions.

I want to run 16x8 all around with 225/45R16, although if its better I could make the barrels 7.5

I am currently having custom BBS RS's made so I can do any offset I need. I was thinking ET22 would clear the rears so I would not have to roll.

If that wont work is there an ET in the rear that will work so I dont have to roll?
    +22 all around is great for 225/45s

Comment

Originally posted by MogSpeedE30 View Post
      Need some advice on what tires, here is the current setup

Wheels: 16x7.5 ET30 Borbet Type C

Car: 1987 325i Sedan

Modifications: Front Fenders Rolled, Rear Quarters still stock, Bilstein Sports, H&R Super Sport Springs

Current Tires: 205/55R16 Front, 225/50R16 Rear (long story on the stagger)

Looking at doing 205/50R16 Front and 225/50R16 rear, wondering what spacers i would need and if i would have to do rear quarter work (would love to do 225/50 all around)
      I had those same wheels and they rubbed the front struts without spacers. Are you saying you're clearing them with massive 205/55s too? That's weird.

I recommend 3mm front spacers and 225/45 tires all around. You're getting away with massively oversized tires at the moment it seems but I can't recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by gammapowered View Post
        Hello, Im looking at XXR 527 17's. I see that there are a few options. I like the idea of the staggered setup. 8.25 front et 25, and the 9.75 rear et25. What is the right size tires, i prefer max width. Also what spacers would i need. I really want wider tires for the performance.

Thank you,
        The staggered rear setup is far too wide to fit a proper tire. Get the 17x8.25 square and run 235/40 all around with a rear fender roll. Ideal grip setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Flexx View Post
          So I just received a set of 16x8 et25 ( but ordered 16x8 et20) and before I send them back I was wondering what size tires I should run and will they work without rubbing? The car will be lowered 2"-3" max drop and I was looking at using 205/50/16 tires previously.

Will I need to do and rolling of the fenders or use spacers?

I have a 89 e30 325is.

Thanks ahead of time.
          You're going to need 3mm front spacers to use those. I'd return them, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyIvan View Post
            Looking at a staggered set with the following specs:

15x8 ET8, 15x9 ET-6

I'm at stock height, and might go for an enthusiast drop (verse stancer).
            How will this be for fitment, and will I need spacers?
            Offsets far too low.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              Hi Jay, got a question for ya

I want to go 16x9 et15 in the rear of my cabrio on H&R sport springs (for now). I want stock diameter (or slightly greater; my car has a 4.10 rear) and not too much of a stretch.

How can I fit 245/45? I'm also looking at 225/50 or 225/45. I can roll my fenders but not sure I want to pull them just yet. Thanks!
              205/45 maximum. Too low of an offset to fit more without rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
                16x7.5 et20. Car is a late model with h&r sports. Could a 205/50/16 fit without rolling? It has a 1.5mm space in the front for a brake kit.
                1.5mm or 15mm? Former, sure, it'll fit. The latter may push the wheels out too far and catch the fender while turning.

Comment

Originally posted by mdlax30 View Post
                  Ahoy!

I have a 91' 318is, stock ride height. I was looking to put on Varrstoen DS12's in 15x8 et25. What tire size would work without fender modification or looking completely silly (I don't mind a slight stretch)? I was thinking tire sizes 205/50/15, 195/50/15 or 205/55/15?
                  http://www.varrstoen.com/product/ds12-2/
                  3mm front spacers. 205/50, 205/55, 225/50 and 225/45 all fit without modification.

Comment

Originally posted by KYdirte30 View Post
                    What's up guys. I'm a noob in the wheel/tire game so looking for knowledge. Gonna be running 15x8.5 wheel with et17. Wondering what a good tire size would be to run without rubbing (don't wanna have to roll the fenders if I don't have to). My 325is couple is lowered a little on GC coils. Also wondering if I'm gonna have to run spacers.
                    205/50, no spacers, no rolling, no rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      You'll spend $300-400 on hardware to fit those flush. 25mm front, at least 30mm rear bolt-on spacers. IMO it's just not worth it.
                      Thanks, Jay. All budgeted for. Thanks for the spacer specs, confirmed my math. Much appreciated :thankyou:

Comment

[emoji119][emoji41][emoji16] - the feeling you get when Mystical answers your wheel/tire fitment post!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

205/50, no spacers, no rolling, no rubbing.
                          Thank you so much for answering my post man. With that same wheel set up what is the biggest tire I could get under there without rubbing? Could I fit 225's in there or even 245's (even if it's just in the rear)

Comment

+22 all around is great for 225/45s
                            Thank you!!
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Ooh, nice. Run the 225/45s square. Tons of turn-in grip, no mods needed.
                              Legend, thanks Mystikal

Comment

1.5mm or 15mm? Former, sure, it'll fit. The latter may push the wheels out too far and catch the fender while turning.
                                Awesome, thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                                X