No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While this is much lower budget than 99% of what's in this thread, I'm thinking about getting a cheap/halfway decent "daily" watch to essentially beat to death. Looking to spend ~$100 and want something simplistic.

Current contenders:
    Timex T49961GP (or similar)
    Seiko 5 SNK809
    Various Fossil stuff:
    Townsman
    Shop the Official Fossil USA website for the latest styles & trends of Fossil watches, wallets, bags, jewelry and accessories. FREE Shipping & Returns.

or
    Pilot 54

Would probably be swapping to some sort of brown canvas strap either way.

Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      While this is much lower budget than 99% of what's in this thread, I'm thinking about getting a cheap/halfway decent "daily" watch to essentially beat to death. Looking to spend ~$100 and want something simplistic.

Current contenders:
      Seiko 5 SNK809
      Various Fossil stuff:
      Townsman
      Shop the Official Fossil USA website for the latest styles & trends of Fossil watches, wallets, bags, jewelry and accessories. FREE Shipping & Returns.

or
      Pilot 54

Any thoughts?
      I'd go Timex or Seiko.
      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Current contenders:
        Seiko 5 SNK809
        Various Fossil stuff:
        Townsman

or
        Pilot 54

Any thoughts?
        Get a Seiko 5. Mines been to Alaska, survived many salt water dunks, drops and bangs. Keeps pretty good time for a $40 automatic too. I set it five slow every month. It gains about that back in 31 days.
        -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
        -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Well my browser ate my post...

I think I'll pick up a beige seiko 5 in ~6mo when I get the urge for another. The auto mechanical movement sounds cool and all, but the reviews make it sound like a bit of a pain.

For now I ordered one of these:

Timex sounds cheap to me, which is why I didn't really want one in the first place, and the tachymeter and chronometer do nothing for me other than make the face look busy.
          Indiglo is cheezy, but if I can see what time it is in the dark, I'm not complaining.
          On the upside, the first review shows a picture of how it can look after the black coating comes off and the brass is polished.

Something about that made me want this one, I can't really explain it.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

My most recent el cheapo pickup.
            Last edited by Nesset; 03-25-2017, 10:58 PM.
            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Newest pickup.../s
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

Impressive purchase if it's real.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                  Newest pickup.../s
                  Jlc makes some gorgeous complications. Very nice pickup.
                  -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                  -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
                    Jlc makes some gorgeous complications. Very nice pickup.

It's funny the sales woman was telling me all about it and it was really one of those "stop I can only get so erect moments" this thing is 42k sticker and it is the only watch I have tried on in this price range that I think is semi justifiable.

I really wish I took a video of the chrono running because I got to play with it for about 5 minutes. The action of winding was so smooth and solid I was astounded, the monopusher was perfectly weighted and had perfect positive action. Also the 1/6th flying seconds display is pretty amazing.

In my opinion this thing blows away a lot of Pateks and APs. This is my grail.
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                      It's funny the sales woman was telling me all about it and it was really one of those "stop I can only get so erect moments" this thing is 42k sticker and it is the only watch I have tried on in this price range that I think is semi justifiable.

I really wish I took a video of the chrono running because I got to play with it for about 5 minutes. The action of winding was so smooth and solid I was astounded, the monopusher was perfectly weighted and had perfect positive action. Also the 1/6th flying seconds display is pretty amazing.

In my opinion this thing blows away a lot of Pateks and APs. This is my grail.
                      I personally have never really liked the Patek or Audemars collections. JLC however, they're another thing. JLC and Vacheron Constantin are my Grail brands, probably an oddball go-to Grail brand but they make some gorgeous pieces. I couldn't ever justify spending that much, but being 19 I have a way to go financially. Maybe a Rolex Explorer 2 is due sometime.
                      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Collection grew, and needed a new home.

Comment

Record breaking auction sale, Paul Newman Daytona went for a whopping $17.7 million, with a 15.5 million final bid

Was watching it live, expected to see it creep up to the 8-figure mark, but then this happened. Auctioneer was lost for words.

Also another addition of my own, a JS Watch Co 101 from a recent trip to Iceland.

Comment

Thats a really clean dial, nice purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

Yellow and green G-Shock is clearly the best of the bunch.
                              Might as well throw the rest in the garbage!

Better yet, give them to me and I'll dispose of them accordingly!
                              ;D
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

That's a fine lookin watch, cale.

Comment

Working...
                                X