No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Pax River. I was attached to Strike. I love this thread. I am a freight dawg. No uniform, no manners and no pax with bad attitudes. Flying for a small local company and have weekends off. Here are a few pics flying though wx and popping out the other side. Why work when you can fly?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FL318is; 11-08-2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thirty View Post
      C130? Do you work on 'em?
      Back in the day, Fuel Cell Mx. That suxed.

Comment

Actually, I do have pax from time to time. Here are 2 of them. I traded the dark one for a 6 pack of Pipeline Porter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
          Why work when you can fly?
          Haha yeah, definitely.

What do you fly? From the nacelles, it kinda looks like a Cheyenne but I'm not real sure.

And the worst flying weather seems to make the best pictures...
          sigpic89 M3

Comment

Naw man i dont work on c130's. I work for a company called kellstrom industries.

www.kellstrom.com we basically overhaul sell and fix anything on those planes and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              my guess... "the point of that post"

sucks boeing lost the contract. although i will say, i've flown cross atlantic 7 times now in the last 2 years, 747, 767, MD11, 777, and I think A320. the airbus was far superior to anything boeing made.

like anybody would complain between a lincoln town car or a 535. same thing, but on a bigger scale
              Coming from the German that means a hell of a lot. Not.

I work around Airbus planes and Boeing planes on a daily basis and I can tell you that Boeing has Airbus beat hands down. In terms of quality, reliability, comfort, etc. Boeing is unrivaled in the aviation business. Comparing a Boeing plane to an Airbus plane is like comparing a Ford to a Mercedes. America may be known for shitty cars but one thing we produce better than any other country in the world is airplanes.

As for loosing the contract, it is all political horse manure. Keep in mind that Boeing already had the contract a couple years ago but Airbus cried their eyes out to so called Patriot John McCain and the contract was voided. Now instead of 20,000 jobs being kept in America, we are shipping them overseas to France. John McCain lost a lot of votes because of this travesty. Fuck Airbus, Fuck Politics, Fuck John McCain and fuck the 2008 election.

Comment

That is pretty ridiculous...

Plane flies five passengers from US to London

"The flight from Chicago to London meant that the plane, a Boeing 777, used 22,000 gallons of fuel."

Comment

yeah sounds bad but they had a full flight on the return of that flight. They just can cancel out those flights because of the lack of booking going over. Its logistics!
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Scandal rocks Boeing; CFO fired

The Seattle Times November 25, 2003
                    Scandal rocks Boeing; CFO fired
                    In-Depth Coverage

By David Bowermaster
                    Seattle Time aerospace reporter

Boeing fired two top executives, Chief Financial Officer Mike Sears and Darleen Druyun, vice president of missile-defense systems, as it scrambled yesterday to get ahead of Pentagon and congressional investigations into Boeing's military business practices.

Boeing's board of directors took the dramatic action after concluding Sears improperly offered Druyun a job in the fall of 2002 when Druyun was a top acquisitions official for the Air Force.

At the time, Druyun was reviewing a $21 billion proposal for the Air Force to lease 100 Boeing 767 airborne-refueling tankers.

Boeing hopes the firings will convince Congress, the Defense Department and Wall Street that Boeing can act decisively to right its ship.

But Boeing's $25 billion Integrated Defense Systems division is already operating under a cloud of suspicion that will only darken after yesterday's dismissals.

Druyun's ties to Boeing have been under scrutiny since July, when Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., alleged that when Boeing was battling to secure the tanker deal, Druyun improperly gave Boeing details of a competing bid from Airbus, Boeing's European rival.

The Pentagon took $1 billion worth of satellite launches away from Boeing earlier this year after an investigation showed the company used trade secrets stolen from Lockheed Martin, its chief competitor, to help win the launches.

In March, Boeing Satellite Systems acknowledged it made improper technology transfers to China in the wake of two failed satellite launches in 1995 and 1996, when the division was known as Hughes Satellite Systems.

"Boeing has sold itself for years as a systems integration company, as somebody who can be trusted with the government's money," said John Pike, director of Globalsecurity.org. "For the last several years, we keep peeling back the layers on why we can't trust that company."

President Bush gave the controversial tanker deal the power of law yesterday when he signed the $401 billion Defense Department budget for 2004.

After extended wrangling on Capitol Hill, the Air Force will lease the first 20 tankers and buy the next 80 planes.

Michael O'Hanlon, senior fellow of foreign-policy studies at the Brookings Institution, an independent think tank in Washington, D.C., said Boeing "may have gotten awfully lucky" with Bush signing the defense bill yesterday, as he does not expect it to be reopened.

O'Hanlon believes the process of awarding of major defense contracts is more legal than political, so he thinks Boeing should be able to bounce back from its recent problems and maintain its stature as one of the world's largest defense contractors if it can convince critics it is acting properly.

Nonetheless, he said, the parade of scandals will increase scrutiny of Boeing when it battles for defense projects for 2005 and beyond.

"At some point, it begins to be cumulative and begins to sink in a little with people," O'Hanlon said.

Yesterday's firings were unique in that they stemmed from an internal rather than an external probe of Boeing's conduct, said John Dern, a Boeing spokesman.

The inquiry continues, Dern added, though he declined to comment on its contents.

A source familiar with the investigation, however, said Boeing is examining communications between Sears and Druyun's daughter, Heather McKee, who works for Boeing's military division in St. Louis, Mo. McKee's husband, Michael McKee, also works at Boeing.

Druyun's daughter reportedly contacted Sears to let him know of her mother's plans to leave her Pentagon job.

"We expect to wind it up soon," said one Boeing official familiar with the investigation.

The in-house inquiry began about the same time McCain began asking whether Druyun had improperly given Boeing pricing data on the Airbus tanker bid.

The Boeing board of directors voted unanimously over the weekend to fire Sears and Druyun after a team of external and in-house lawyers presented evidence from e-mails and interviews that Sears had improper contacts with Druyun about coming to work for Boeing in October 2002.

According to a company statement, Boeing found "compelling evidence" the past two weeks that Sears and Druyun tried to hide the improper contacts from company investigators, further angering the board.

McCain was not mollified by yesterday's dismissals.

The senator, who demanded thousands of internal Pentagon documents about the deal, said the firings reinforced his long-standing opposition to the 767 tanker deal.

"This development is what I feared would happen based on our review of the documents," he said in a statement.

McCain said he was waiting for the completion of an Air Force investigation into the 767 deal, but "it strains credulity to assume that this action has nothing to do with the tanker lease deal."

The Air Force said it "deplores behavior that jeopardizes the integrity of government procurement activities." Its statement added that the Air Force may ask an "appropriate authority to investigate the alleged impropriety."

The Pentagon inspector general's office is already investigating communications between Druyun and Boeing about the tanker deal.

Because he was fired for cause, Boeing said Sears, 56, will get no severance pay, but he will get a pension worth between $672,000 and $840,000 at age 65, according to a proxy filing, and any other vested benefits.

James Bell replaces Sears as acting chief financial officer.

A 32-year Boeing veteran who began his career with the company's Rocketdyne division, Bell received an upbeat welcome from investment analysts who follow the company.

"We have high confidence in James Bell... and believe he would be a strong candidate for the permanent position," wrote Chris Mecray, a Boeing analyst with Deutsche Bank Securities, in a research note to clients.

The state's senior senator, Patty Murray, said she never asked about the Druyun hire.

"I'm not part of Boeing's employee policies. That's not part of my purview," she said. "I'm not here to defend Boeing's practices, but I think Boeing did the right thing (by firing the two executives)."

Despite yesterday's announcements, Murray said she remained confident the Air Force will put the finishing touches on the tanker deal in the next month.

George Behan, chief of staff to Rep. Norm Dicks, D-Bremerton, one of the company's biggest supporters on Capitol Hill, was at a loss to say how the improper contact between Sears and Druyun could affect the company's image in Washington, D.C.

"I don't know, but it's not good," said Behan. "This is uncharted waters."

Seattle Times staff reporter Alex Fryer and Reuters contributed to this report.
                    1991 318is Diamant Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post

"The flight from Chicago to London meant that the plane, a Boeing 777, used 22,000 gallons of fuel."
                      The article says " It is estimated that each passenger produced 43 tons of CO2"

Jet-A weighs about 6.84 pounds so they burned about 150,480 pounds of fuel. Divided by 5 comes out to 30,096 lbs of fuel per passenger.

43 tons is 86,000 pounds. According to these people 30,096 pounds of fuel made 86,000 pounds of CO2. Does it really work that way? What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post

British Airways flew empty airplanes.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Comment

when I flew to europe there were like 20 people on the plane. It was pretty fucking sweet.

Comment

I got to ride in a blimp once.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              I got to ride in a blimp once.

Now that is something I have never done and would love to get a chance!
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

It was a fucking trip, let me tell you.

My fathers wifes oldest daughter is married to the guy who owns L&M tire in San Diego.

He got us tickets once to ride in a Goodyear blimp. I rode the Columbia. Damn near VTOL, noisy as hell with those damn engines about 10 feet from you...but I grinned ear to ear for about 3 weeks after.

Dad got to "pilot" the thing. It was really cool. We went about 30 years ago.

Closing SOON!
                                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X