Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Andrew for the S54 power button, can I use any button to wire into your harness, say a defrost button? I was thinking of getting one thats worn then stencil the word power on it and put it in the area that the hazards and the defrost are.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I have an '89 325 with an OBDI M50. I'm going to an M52 and thinking of going OBDII. Can you make this harness?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        Hey Andrew for the S54 power button, can I use any button to wire into your harness, say a defrost button? I was thinking of getting one thats worn then stencil the word power on it and put it in the area that the hazards and the defrost are.
        You want to install a Start/Stop button? You can, but it's not necessary. Or do you mean Sport button? You could wire a defrost button as the sport button. I did that on my car. I include a generic switch as a placeholder.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by g22 View Post
          I have an '89 325 with an OBDI M50. I'm going to an M52 and thinking of going OBDII. Can you make this harness?
          Yes, I can make an OBDII M52 adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
            You want to install a Start/Stop button? You can, but it's not necessary. Or do you mean Sport button? You could wire a defrost button as the sport button. I did that on my car. I include a generic switch as a placeholder.
            I want the sport button, so you wired in a defrost button, how did you do that, where did you get the generic switch from?
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
              I want the sport button, so you wired in a defrost button, how did you do that, where did you get the generic switch from?
              The wiring for the defrost switch is in the ETM for your car. You can also test which wires you need to use by using a multimeter. The switch I provide is a Carling on/off rocker switch. You can replace it with any switch you want or leave it the way it is.

Comment

CAN controller for A/C, check engine light, etc now available pre-wired into the adapter harness. See original post for pictures and details.

Comment

CAN controller for A/C, check engine light, etc now available pre-wired into the adapter harness. See original post for pictures and details.
                  Looks nice with the CAN controller integrated!

Comment

A buddy of mine wants to put a S52 in a 83' e24. Could you make a adapter for that swap?

Comment

Originally posted by Bejoe16 View Post
                      A buddy of mine wants to put a S52 in a 83' e24. Could you make a adapter for that swap?
                      I can make an adapter for him, but he would need to send me his old C101. They are NLA from BMW for those cars.

Comment

I can make an adapter for him, but he would need to send me his old C101. They are NLA from BMW for those cars.
                        the E28/24 C101s are still avail from bmw. Theyre the ones you get when you order the E30 square C101s...

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Yeah I think the connector housing is available, but I was pretty sure the pins, at least the small ones, are NLA. I think I may have found them though. I'll order one and find out. :) They're pretty expensive though. So if I can do this add $40 to the E30 price.

Comment

The BMW dealer got back to me and they are not sure what the correct pins are for the E24/E28 C101 connector housing. The system does not show any corresponding pins. If they are the ones I found they are special order from Germany only. So if I order them it'll be a couple weeks before I know for sure.

Comment

Just an FYI, BMW increased the price of the USA S54/S62 fuel pump relay to $129.52 (list). Some online stores like autohausaz.com are still listing it at the old price, so act quick if you still need one for your S54 or S62 swap.
                              Last edited by Andrew325is; 05-15-2016, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, M54, M52TU, & More

The BMW dealer got back to me and they are not sure what the correct pins are for the E24/E28 C101 connector housing. The system does not show any corresponding pins. If they are the ones I found they are special order from Germany only. So if I order them it'll be a couple weeks before I know for sure.

Thanks! I went and got to see the car and it's a bucket, I also didn't see any connector there. Not sure if missing or just what. I ended up talking him out of it. Thanks anyways!

Comment

Working...
                                X