anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    I love the dogcrapp method... I just found the reg park 5x5 work better for me. One thing in common if you don't get stronger you wont get bigger... THE most important factor to keep in mind with any program as far as building muscle is concerner
    Word. The hardest part for me (and I've heard this a lot) is the eating. I basically ate non stop when I was awake. It's hard to convey to people how much you have to eat to get big.
    Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
      Word. The hardest part for me (and I've heard this a lot) is the eating. I basically ate non stop when I was awake. It's hard to convey to people how much you have to eat to get big.

Well said man! lot of people need to really understand this right here!

"It's hard to convey to people how much you have to eat to get big.
      Denny

Blogs:
      http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
      http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
      http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

I don't lift or body build so I can fight in my sport seats + the benefit of less weight in the e30.
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Bringing this back to the top. Set a new PR on deads yesterday. I got away from all the power lifting form (sumo stance ect.) and started lifting conventional. Figured aesthetically they'd help develop my body better as it's what most BB use. It's a lot tougher then sumo, might be because I have long legs and arms and a short torso but it seems like the overall movement is so much longer.

Anyways, I hit 455lbs. for a triple doing conventional deadlifts.

Everyone else staying healthy?
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

I shrug 495 12 repsx3 does that count? I don't ever do 1 rep max, I see no point unless your going into one of those comps.
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

agreed, unless you're training for a power meet 1 reps are pointless, not to mention a great way to hurt yourself.

That def counts, impressive numbers man.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                Bringing this back to the top. Set a new PR on deads yesterday. I got away from all the power lifting form (sumo stance ect.) and started lifting conventional. Figured aesthetically they'd help develop my body better as it's what most BB use. It's a lot tougher then sumo, might be because I have long legs and arms and a short torso but it seems like the overall movement is so much longer.

Anyways, I hit 455lbs. for a triple doing conventional deadlifts.

Everyone else staying healthy?
                Damn son! I'm a climber and I have a hard time at 300lbs conventional grip. Recently deloaded to 295x5 (sumo grip) to try and work on form; I am using my back too much.

Comment

I started all over on my squats recently. going from a sumo stance to conventional I was leaning to far forward and going way to heavy. I ended up staining my hip flexor (sp) extremely bad. I have for the past two weeks just done reps with 225lbs. conventional box squats. it requires you to keep the weight back and load the hammies.

Squats have helped my deads tremendously for the initial pull from the floor.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                    I started all over on my squats recently. going from a sumo stance to conventional I was leaning to far forward and going way to heavy. I ended up staining my hip flexor (sp) extremely bad. I have for the past two weeks just done reps with 225lbs. conventional box squats. it requires you to keep the weight back and load the hammies.

Squats have helped my deads tremendously for the initial pull from the floor.
                    I had to do something similar with back squats, I'm back to 265ish working weight going parallel but I kind of want to deload and start going ATG.

Comment

I recently tore my ACL, MCL and some other stuff in my knee, so my lifting has been on a break for the last month, and a month before that due to work. Just got back into the gym last week doing what I can without putting much stress on my knee (no deadlifts, squats, shrugs, or any heavy standing weight). Today I did shoulders and jumped right back in at 90lbs dumbells for 6 reps on shoulder press. It felt good to be back.

Knee injuries have to be the worst thing an athlete can do. It severely restricts and kind of activities.
                      320I - under construction

Comment

i started bench pressing a few weeks ago. currently up to repping one 45 plate and one 10 plate on each side.
                        my year-round team sport doesn't allow me to bulk up so i have the whole summer to do so :D

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Oooo a thread I can contribute to.

531, 2nd cycle, 1s week this week. DL day today and 415 was my 1+ set. I completely waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing failed to pull it. Poop. Stupid bc I pulled 405x5 my last cycle. Anywho, here's a video of me pulling a single 405 with garbage form.

2008 335i - n54b30
                          1991 318i - m52b28
                          1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Actually, here's a video of tonight's failure.
                            2008 335i - n54b30
                            1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Nice. I'm on my first cycle of 531 week 6. Never lifted before. Was chubby and weak.
                              Down to 205lbs now

Bench and ohp lagging due to having a jacked up shoulder. Rotator cuff injury when I was younger.

245 DL x 3
                              255 almost atgs lol
                              145 bench, yes I know.
                              95 ohp

Im having a blast tho. Lifting is acyually fun when you have a system etc

Comment

Unless you're a 130 lb female, you may want to switch to a quicker progressing program. Especially since you said you've never lifted before. Look into greyskull LP (or dare I say SS).
                                2008 335i - n54b30
                                1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Working...
                                X