Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the new Motorola Moto X Pure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the new Motorola Moto X Pure?

I am considering this phone to get a clean android experience. Anyone have one? Care to divulge their experience with it?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

I have no experience with it, but my Galaxy S6 is actua;;y the best phone I've ever owned.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Had the first gen Moto X for 2 years, and just snagged a basic 16gb 2nd gen.

I plan to continue with the trend. They are great phones and hold up extremely well, physically and electronically.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Awesome! Stonea, I have had galaxy products for years. I just don't want the bloatware anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I became completely uninterested with Motorola once Lenovo took over. Fuck Lenovo.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I have one. It's a good phone and I enjoy Android on it, but I preferred my 2013 moto x in some ways. Smaller and OLED.

Comment

Cool! I have massive hands and the Note 5 is the perfect size for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Update:

I wound up getting a 16GB model from Amazon for $350, a 128GB SDCard for $29 and then a kick arse case for another $17. Love it so far. It is a very smooth device. Its the right size for me and I love that it has nothing but Google stuff on it. The Moto Apps are cool and really rather convenient.

If you can swing paying for a phone out of a contract, I suggest giving this phone a shot. It works on all major carriers and is really a quality piece.

/thread

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I think I'd still have chosen a Nexus 6/6P or 5X.

"nothing but google apps, the moto apps are cool and rather convenient" lol
                  They are nice but I still hate bloatware, can you delete them?
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Yeah the Nexus stuff is more expensive and I don't need or want finger print scanners.

Regarding the very, very limited software installed from the factory, yeah, you can delete most of it or leave it disabled. Literally, there is a bone stock Android software package and one Motorola app that has 5 features buried in it. It is very minimal.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Wait, Moto X pure has a SD slot?

I feel ripped.

I agree on the Moto apps. They are very convenient. Only thing that drives me crazy is my phone always thinks I am talking to it.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        Wait, Moto X pure has a SD slot?

I feel ripped.

I agree on the Moto apps. They are very convenient. Only thing that drives me crazy is my phone always thinks I am talking to it.
                        Having that SD card slot sold me on the phone. Now I have 90gb of music on here.

I have had a hard time getting the phone to recognize my voice! Lol but no biggie.

Great device.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

The phone thinks you are talking to it because you gotta turn the settings to only at home page.

By default nexus's have the google now set to only home screen, but ive seen some other androids that have it always on to be more like iphones.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            The phone thinks you are talking to it because you gotta turn the settings to only at home page.

By default nexus's have the google now set to only home screen, but ive seen some other androids that have it always on to be more like iphones.
                            Well, the Motorola app has a different thing going on beyond "OK GOOGLE." You assign a phrase to it that is unique to the phone. Same idea, but its a bit different.

In fact, I just tried "OK Google" right now and it doesn't work. Where as if I have "Hello Moto" programmed in, it will wake up and ask what I want after saying that phrase. Exodus' phrase must be easy to confuse the phone into thinking it is a prompt.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                              I became completely uninterested with Motorola once Lenovo took over. Fuck Lenovo.
                              Well... this just shows how much I forget and, apparently, how little I care. I picked up a Moto G a couple months back lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X