the new 2017 Fiat 124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new 2017 Fiat 124

Hey guys. Just saw this and haven't felt this way about a car since the 2005 Mustang came out. This shares a chassis with the miata, is built in Japan, uses the nc miata 6-speed transmission, and looks fucking amazing. While the miata looks like a drugged up snake, this is masculine yet elegant, simple, modern, and vintage all together.

Starts at 24k with everything you need. If you're worried about its Fiat-ness they have a lease option for around $260/mo

What do you guys think?

Last edited by agent; 09-12-2016, 02:16 PM. Reason: I resized it for you. Deal with it.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

mehh...

They need to stop fucking around and just give it 200+hp.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Also... the Miata looks miles better imo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^ You really think so? I can't stand the look of the new miata. I would buy an NB over the new model any day

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Based on looks alone, I'd take the fiat over the miata all day long; this coming from a guy that owns two NAs ('90 & '95).
          '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
          '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

I think it simply looks like a miata. Sure the lines are a little different but the proportions are the same.

Personally......meh
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yeah I think miata when I see that, with good reason:

Comment

I really like the interior and that's where it stops for me. the Fiatas looks do nothing for me at all...nothing. Looks bloated imo. Id take a Abarth 500 anyday...again.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                  While the miata looks like a drugged up snake, this is masculine yet , simple, modern, and vintage all together.
                  Agreed. Has much better proportions. One thing that really bugs me about the mx5 is those weird pinched creases on the fender, right at the hood shut line - looks like it was hit from the side. And then the angry pinched headlights. Not a graceful car.

(Disclosure - I had a 70 and a 71 124 spider)

Comment

i actually think the interior looks pretty good too. certainly not that bullshit orange color, but grey, black, or red.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

If they put that 1750 Abarth engine in it, it will go like stink.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        If they put that 1750 Abarth engine in it, it will go like stink.
                        You can get a 1.4T Abarth version. 164HP/183TQ

Find information on the FIAT 124 Spider and Spider Abarth. Get links to parts, accessories and other resources for owners. Explore new offerings from the FIAT brand.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

I don't mind the front, but the back is uggo. Also proportions does not equal looks. A Lotus Cortina, BMW 2002, and E30 have almost identical proportions. I agree it needs more oomph, but not very much.
                          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I may see one in person someday and say,.....oh....nevermind.

Comment

Funny my wife was like I want one....I said NO, buy a Miata vs this as Fiat has the worst reliability rating besides Chrysler.

Rather have a BRZ with a turbo vs an Italian Miata.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X