WTB: early 318 steering colum u-joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: early 318 steering colum u-joints

i would have added this to my other thread, but i cant edit the title.

I think i may need the 2 u-joints that go between the steering colum that comes through the firewall and the steering rack from an early 318. other cars might actaully work also now that i think about it. still cant edit the title damnit. Post a pic or look at this http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...21&hg=32&fg=30

I have the rack from my 84 318, but not the steering linkage, the linkage is on my car.

Comment

Like this one? Out of 89 325i. $55 shipped. Paypal to alex@bmwe30.net

Comment

that might work but i'd rather have one like this, no dampner and more simple. im really hoping cheaper too

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
          that might work but i'd rather have one like this, no dampner and more simple. im really hoping cheaper too
          That's E36 rack in the picture and the link has probably been shortened.

$50?

Comment

its also a car with an airbag. Im hopfully getting a rack for around 100 so i dont wanna spend half that on a u joint

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
                its also a car with an airbag. Im hopfully getting a rack for around 100 so i dont wanna spend half that on a u joint

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...00&postcount=6
                I just replaced mine. Thanks to corrosion it was a BITCH to pull the factory one off. I recommend patience. Mine was so F*CKED it rattled while driving and even had a bad TIGHT spot where it would nearly lock.....good luck on your replacement

Comment

bump

Comment

$30 shipped for one pictured above?

Comment

i would like to but im not sure it will work, and the guibo will get torn apart because im going to be running a z3 rack...with no power steering

Comment

bump!

Comment

still need one. i would really like to have this by friday so i can put my z3 rack in

Comment

Working...
                          X