Front Splitter Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDirtyS54Thirty View Post
    What is the width of the wing you're running?

I just installed this EVO style front lip from AIK Tunning last night, only $130 shipped! Hoping to get either APR or a local shop to build a splitter for underneath.
    That is pretty sick!! I want to see it matched! ;D
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
      Does this utilize the stock Is Lip clips to mount or do you have to zip tie the hell out of it?
      Honestly you probably could utilize the stock IS clips but my stock valance is too bent up and distorted, so it was tough to get all the clips to catch. I ended up taking off all the stock clips and drilling small holes in the lip. Then I ran bolts with washers though some of the stock clip holes and secured with lock nuts.
      Last edited by TheDirtyS54Thirty; 01-18-2017, 08:21 PM.
      E30 S54

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
        That is pretty sick!! I want to see it matched! ;D
        I think eventually when get the car resprayed I'll color match it, my car needs paint so badly lol.

So in the meantime I just rattle canned it Satin Black. I should light sand the spots where the paint ran and do another coat.
        Attached Files
        E30 S54

Comment

I think eventually when get the car resprayed I'll color match it, my car needs paint so badly lol.

So in the meantime I just rattle canned it Satin Black. I should light sand the spots where the paint ran and do another coat.
          that looks pretty good!

Is it fiberglass?
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

I would keep in mind oil temps as the wind hitting the pan is probably the most significant oil cooling medium. I read some research from jlevie on his spec e30 that a skid plate getting in the way by itself made a bigger difference than the stock oil cooler or keeping water temps down.

It makes sense because I've also heard of two oil temp sensors mounted in pan and oil filter showing a big temperature difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
              that looks pretty good!

Is it fiberglass?
              Thank you, yes its fiberglass.
              E30 S54

Comment

DTM lip + APR splitter
                Attached Files
                E30 S54

Comment

Thank you, yes its fiberglass.
                  Fiberglass work + Huntington Beach = no surfboards in the garage? Does not compute.
                  Front air dam looks really nice, is there a core on the splitter that you laid the glass up to?

Comment

Splitter

DTM lip + APR splitter
                    Dam. I'll need 12' ramp to get the thing on the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Revzillia View Post
                      Dam. I'll need 12' ramp to get the thing on the trailer

lol yeah I'm pretty scared about loading this car onto a trailer, given I have don't really have much experience pulling a trailer. Is the best way using a bunch of 2x6"? I was also probably going to rent a u-haul too for starters.
                      E30 S54

Comment

lol yeah I'm pretty scared about loading this car onto a trailer, given I have don't really have much experience pulling a trailer. Is the best way using a bunch of 2x6"? I was also probably going to rent a u-haul too for starters.

You may want to find a way to take it off to load it on and off the trailer.
                        sigpic
                        1991 318is S52
                        1987 325i Vert
                        1991 325i
                        2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I bought one of those flat bottom iS style lips thinking it would be easier to build a splitter around, rather than the stock iS lip with the curve in the middle. I haven't gotten much farther than mounting up the lip yet though.

It is supposed to clip into the stock locations, but it is made way too poorly to do so without modification. I got it on there, but it still fits pretty terrible compared to OEM.

That was all a long way to say: subscribed.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Bump. Im thinking about making a splitter using the stock late model valance and no front lip. Has anyone done this?

Comment

It would probably be much to high if you mounted the splitter straight to the late model valance. They are supposed to be like 2.5-3" from the ground.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X