very very excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very very excited

I'm gonna go pickup my baby today! Just need to bum a ride to the barn where she is sittin from someone.

Then, its more money pit time!!
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Bah total bitch....

So we leave at 2:30 to get my car, drive 40 miles out to get it. I unwrap the car , put the new battery in, and put it back together. Then I start it up and the damn rear brakes are stuck on.

So I fiddle with it for a long time trying to unstick them, just rolling it back and fourth. Got one side undone but I couldn't unstick the other.

So we drive 40 miles home to get my car jack and a hammer. Drive 40 miles back and I get the fucker unstuck.

Now I get it driving and point it towards the entrance of the barn. Shut it off to go clean up my tools that were all over. Pack it up then the damn car won't start.... Battery was too low on voltage. So we spent a good 20 min trying to push the car out of the barn to jump it. Finally we got it started!

Anyways, we ended up getting home around 6:30 and 1/2 a tank of gas later (yeah he gets like 10mpg)

But I am so happy now, nothing really went wrong from storage. No mice, no flat tries, no bird shit all over, and it runs pretty damn good.

Only bad things are my brakes are toast now, they were getting pretty bad when I put it away but now they are TERRIBLE. Also the suspension is really really bad now.

Last summer was the summer of engine fun, this summer will be the summer of brakes and suspension fun! Hopefully I can score some new replacement Koni's for free, I didn't buy them, the PO did, but I got receipts and stuff.

But DAMN that car is fun as hell, even with the bad brakes and poor suspension is was still fun to drive. Just need to fix those, new TPS, rebuild the alternator, and I should be set. Then its just the 10k or so that needs to be dumped into body work :(

Comment

Sounds like a handful. ENJOY!

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
      Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
      Lobsterbacks attack the town again
      Wrap all my things in aluminum
      Beams of darkness streak across the sky
      Pink rays from the ancient satellite
      Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
      Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Yeah I am bitching at my insurance company right to to try and make them shell out some cash to me....

Comment

Pix?
          :: PNW Crew ::
          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
            Pix?
            Yeah, its kinda dark though... If you can't tell, yes, she is crying right now.

Comment

im jealous. how much? if you dont mind me asking. and itll be all worth it in the end.

Comment

sounds like fun.. is that clearcoat going through? :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by adept View Post
                  sounds like fun.. is that clearcoat going through? :shock:
                  The paint and body is royaly fucked right now. Every body panel has damage on it. My additions to the car is a dent in the roof from a rock being thrown at it, deer hit on the driver door, and the crumpled in front end from a hit and run. PO racked up quite a bit of dents and damage too.

I don't know when I will have enough money to fix it, but my buddys dad I think can atleast pull the dents for me and smooth the body out, and maybe get some primer on it. Then I just have to take it somewhere for paint. I would ask him to paint it too (he was a body/paint man for 25 years at a dealer) but I am going to be 100% anal about the paint job and if its not PERFECT I am going to be pissed. So I don't wanna have him do days of work for not much pay.

Edit:

Oh you were looking at the hood, the clear coat is no where near that bad, thats just a lot of dust on it.

More edits:

Last photoshoot was here: http://24.159.194.178/userpics/Winning/

You can see the clear coat isn't that bad... yet....

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                    im jealous. how much? if you dont mind me asking. and itll be all worth it in the end.
                    How much? Have I spent?

Comment

Looks sweet to me. Why does everyone like DS2's so much?
                      Originally posted by KingB
                      Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

those aren't DS2's - those are LWT's... good luck with the project!
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

Comment

glad its out after the hard time-- i learned to never ever put the hand brake on a BMw if its sitting more than a week along time ago with a very similar story to yours.

if your going to be 100% anal about the paint, you need to be buying a whole lot of sandpaper, and a bunch of new body panels.
                          Its kinda cool seeing a diamond in the rough.
                          hope you get going on it though, cause to me no E30 M3 deserves to look that "sad"

Comment

Working...
                          X