No announcement yet.

I Got Head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong with the factory tach again? I guess i'm stupid but I don't see why you need a huge gaudy tach.
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
      I'd put the tach on the steering column. I had one there for a week when my tach died on me. But then the factory tach started to work again so i took the aftermarket one off.

i actually thought about that. like a lil off to the left to cover the stock tach? did it ever bother you?
      ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaGhetto View Post
        i actually thought about that. like a lil off to the left to cover the stock tach? did it ever bother you?
        Yah, i had it off to the side covering most of the tach and part of the speedo. It didn't bother me at all, that is the place that i usally put a tach at on my past muscle cars or i'd put it on the A piller.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
          Whats wrong with the factory tach again? I guess i'm stupid but I don't see why you need a huge gaudy tach.

well since im going with edis, there is no more ignition coil. thats where the tach gets its signal from. Now ive read that if you hook up the negative wire of the coil to pin two of the edis unit and it may work...it works on some but not others?? but this tach i got works with it or so they said...

the tach display is only 3 inch but housing is like 4. i didnt want to go soopamegaultra big
          ?

Comment

Head Mods:
            Beadblasted chambers, valves, ports
            Heat tanked
            Milled .007"
            New Seals
            IE DUAL VALVE SPRINGS w/modded stock retainers and seats
            Schrick 292 CAM

M10 FTW!!
            similar to mine!

Head Mods:
            Beadblasted chambers, valves, ports
            Milled .alot
            New Seals
            zomg's! SCHrick DUAL VALVE SPRINGS w/custom spring seats, and ti retainers
            Schrick 304 CAM

Comment

well since im going with edis, there is no more ignition coil. thats where the tach gets its signal from. Now ive read that if you hook up the negative wire of the coil to pin two of the edis unit and it may work...it works on some but not others?? but this tach i got works with it or so they said...

the tach display is only 3 inch but housing is like 4. i didnt want to go soopamegaultra big
              and, to get your stock tack to work, wire in to the black wire on the three pin plug in the glovebox

Comment

I would buy a tach made to mount on the interior a pillar or I would make a mount for that tach and put it on the a pillar. If you don't need the three gauges up top I would definately mount them near the ash tray. I would take a can of engine degreaser to the lower half and hit it with a pressure wash once you get it assembled. nice work, cool project, can't wait to see the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
                  and, to get your stock tack to work, wire in to the black wire on the three pin plug in the glovebox

is that where the harness connects to the ecu?? do you have a diagram i can look at bc that would be awesome if i can use the stock tach?

i think i know what you are talking about
                  ?

Comment

Is it one of these...im thinking its the one with three
                    ?

Comment

yes, the black wire on the three pin connector, it needs to get a square wave rpm signal (dont hook it to the coil) you can probably run it of of the megasquirt

Comment

Yep, a can of degreaser, or "trick" WD40, it'll get crud out also.;)

Comment

thanks for the tips!

ima begin working now :curse: hopfully i get more done...

coming soon with updates!
                          ?

Comment

Update 4

well unfortunately i gotta work tonite

heres wat ive completed thus far...

so thats two things im using from a 325i: TB, and that vacuum thingy

the dizzy plug is from www.02again.com

Still needs to be done:

-waiting for 24lbs injectors
                            -Mount the AFPR
                            -Mount the MS
                            -REWIRE
                            ?

Comment

Update 5

i hate having classes when i have something important to do...

here's wat ive done today:

You see the edis unit will be using. I made a bracket to hold it in place. i think its a nice location for it

Also you see the AFPR, i also made a bracket for it; its mounted to the manifold.

I ran into some problems with stock wiring...the alternator wire was all frayed to hell. went to advance and got all new ones;

Unfortunately i will not be getting the 24lb injectors as i thought :( my friend lost em...

I have mounted the MS unit using the stock ecu mounting bracket. I have also begun to wire the megasquirt, not to bad. So far ive wired up the injectors but hella lot more to go. glad they have lots of diagrams and shit.

have work in the am but mos def be workin on it when im off in the evening

goals for tomorrow:
                              • Finish Wiring
                              • Test Megasquirt
                              • Hopefully Start once
                              • Get laid
                              Still needs to be done:

-REWIRE
                              ?

Comment

Looks great
                                :: PNW Crew ::
                                '87 325 4dr, '74 2002