Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another e30 resto and eventual 5.0 swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastcoastcory View Post
    Nice. Yeah man. Let me know how fitment it. :) did you order their oil pan as well or are you going to do it yourself.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I emailed them about. He doesn't have the welder he did have, so he can't do the pans right now. He said the instruction CD has instructions on how to modify the oil pan so it's easier and cheaper to get it done locally. I just started a thread in this section.

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
      make sure to check all the rust spots man. Just because you don't want to get so deep into it and decide hey I should have gotten a better car with less rust. other than that it looks like you got your head on straight with getting the swab done. I'm definitely following it.

Luckily I got a car where all the rust is on things I'm going to be replacing anyways like suspension components. Only has rust going into the rear fender wells/trunk and under the drivers seat. Thanks man. :)

Comment

I noticed that too in your pictures. It'll get there man. Just takes patience and money

e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
          That's what I emailed them about. He doesn't have the welder he did have, so he can't do the pans right now. He said the instruction CD has instructions on how to modify the oil pan so it's easier and cheaper to get it done locally. I just started a thread in this section.

Nice man. :) yeah the pan is the most expensive part lol. Surprisingly. Definitely cheaper to outsource that.

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
            I noticed that too in your pictures. It'll get there man. Just takes patience and money

Good thing I'm gonna be getting my next apprentice scale raise in a month and start working like 60 hours every week [emoji23]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7841.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	7190965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7845.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	7190966

Okay! Sooo. It's been quite some time since I've updated this post and I've been having some hard times financially so I haven't done too much BESIDES buy another e30. [emoji16] so basically I convinced my girlfriend that one could be hers, the crappier one, and one could be mine, the cleaner one.. essentially the plans now for these things are to get them both running and go from there. My girlfriend wants to keep hers basically stock anyways. Just clean and stock. So I'm going to take the interior from my new project car and swap it all into her e30. I'll probably take the shitty back seat and put it in mine then buy new racing seats for the front. They both need brakes, suspension stuff and obvious cosmetic work. Both need fuel pumps and tunes ups to get running. I plan on doing the plastic bumper swap, I may even try to order the EVO bumpers because I kinda like them better but I'm not 100% sure yet since the only options I found are from duraflex and some other website that is slipping my mind right now. The 5.0 is being put on hold because I reallllyyyy want to get all the cosmetics done first so I definitely have a car/cars to take down to OCMD this year. HOWEVER If I can get all that done and then manage to 5.0 swap it then I will definitely. I kinda leaned toward doing a m50/52 swap for a little bit but I may try to get a vert shell and do it in that one since I still realllllyyyyy want a vert e30, we'll see one thing at a time.

That's pretty much my super brief update. Also I'm trying to move back from Maryland to New Jersey again so I can really start putting maximum effort into these things. Hopefully my union transfer goes though, if not I'll just do something else in the mean time because the show must go on. Anyways, if you guys have any advice on anything going on here. Just let me know. Always open to new opinions. Thanks for reading !

Comment

Working...
              X