Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just read this and had to laugh out loud

The Climate Group is trying a new approach with an Advert in The Australian on page 7 today. Or rather, you might say this is a very old approach…:

Socrates
    Nice to meet you Mr Smith. I hear you are very concerned about dangerous global warming.

Mr Smith
    Yes, we are facing an alarming prospect of a global warming catastrophe.

Socrates
    What gives you such concern?

Mr Smith
    Emissions of CO2 from burning fossil fuels.

Socrates
    How were these fossil fuels formed?

Mr Smith
    Various plant forms grew, died and formed fossil fuels before and during the Carboniferous Period.

Socrates
    Was there dangerous global warming prior to the Carboniferous Period?

Mr Smith
    No. There’s no evidence of dangerous global warming prior to the Carboniferous period.

Socrates
    So where did the carbon in fossil fuels originate?

Mr Smith
    Plants absorbed CO2 from the atmosphere prior to the formation of fossil fuels.

Socrates
    So the CO2 absorbed by plants is now being released from burning fossil fuels.

Mr Smith
    It must be so.

Socrates
    You have observed there was no dangerous global warming prior to CO2 being absorbed to form fossil
    fuels, so how could the same CO2 now being released cause dangerous global warming?

Mr Smith
    I find the implication of your question provocative and disturbing. You should know there is a move to bring charges against you for corrupting youth with your philosophical questions.

Socrates
    I am well aware that people are disturbed by my philosophical enquiries which reveal the truth with compelling logic and facts which refute long held beliefs. Our conversation has been no exception.

Mr Smith
    I have to go now.

Socratic Adverti, Climate Change, Global Warming, The Australia. The Climate Group.

Cue believers now telling us that the Sun has dimmed, don’t we know, therefore even though the world was warmer 7,000 years ago, and 130,000 years ago and 250,000 years ago, etc etc, on and on, for millions of years, this particular warming is “due to CO2″ and millions of other warmer years were due to “something else”.

Readers will no doubt be able to think of other Socratic approaches. :- )
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The old man's losing it again, someone walk him back to his chair.

Comment

haha
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It's just annoying how pundits like Shapiro and other deniers like to say that believers of climate change are doomsdayer hippie zealots who think the only way to combat global warming is to revert to an 18th century lifestyle. No. It has everything to do with being curious about how the global climate system works, and collecting and analyzing thousands and thousands of data points to identify trends. It goes back to my previous post about statistical process control and the difficult task of deciding when to take action to correct abnormalities. This is no easy thing to do. Obviously previous predictions about global warming have been wrong and maybe some data wasn't perfectly accurate, but that's no reason to dismiss current efforts to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and overall increase efficiency.
          My Feedback

Comment

I like Ben's videos on other subjects, but there's little reason to give his thoughts on a scientific subject any credit. He like many others are professional social media conservatives, nothing more. They take a strong stance on a matter, get paid to present or argue it on a variety of popular soap boxes and laugh their way to the bank. Liberals have their own big talking heads on this subject, Gore for example, they too should be given little attention as they do little other than spreading questionably informed opinions.

From a logical approach, there is very little reasoning behind arguing any one individuals research/findings/opinions on a scientific subject. None of us are research students surrounded by PhD's, the best we can do is look at the results and conclusions drawn by properly educated and qualified groups on the subject at hand.

Comment

Well a debate might be interesting if any of the scientists still trying to convince all of us the world is warming because of CO2 would actually debate.
              Pretty much all of the projections have not come to pass, no statistical warming since 1997, etc.
              Your leading scientists Michael Mann and James Hansen won't debate, but they will demand anyone that disagrees with them be silenced.
              And none of this behavior bothers you?

The AGW crowd is crashing and burning and will soon be defunded as Trump eliminates government grants to study a non problem.

And Michael Mann whose hockey stick has been proven to be bad science can crawl back to Penn State
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I wonder how many cars and trucks, coal and oil power plants, airplanes, industrial factories were burning fossil fuel when Socrate was alive... ;-)
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                  Well a debate might be interesting if any of the scientists still trying to convince all of us the world is warming because of CO2 would actually debate.
                  Debate who, Fox news presenters? Enter their field of science and rebute their work, that's how science works and you're more than free to do so.

This goes right back to my above comment, personalities with no weight in the matter and those who actually give them attention.

Pretty much all of the projections have not come to pass, no statistical warming since 1997, etc.
                  Broken record is broken.

<p>The planet has continued to accumulate heat since 1998 - global warming is still happening. Nevertheless, surface temperatures show much internal variability due to heat exchange between the ocean and atmosphere. 1998 was an unusually hot year due to a strong El Nino.</p>

A new study suggests that global warming continues to steadily increase

Climate change doubters may have lost one of their key talking points: a particular satellite temperature dataset that had seemed to show no warming for the past 18 years.

A new study reveals that the evidence for a recent pause in the rate of global warming lacks a sound statistical basis.

Your leading scientists Michael Mann and James Hansen won't debate, but they will demand anyone that disagrees with them be silenced.
                  And none of this behavior bothers you?
                  I`m sorry real scientists won`t enter pissing matches with the television personalities you idolize while eating your hungry man tv dinners.

All the research papers, books, studies completed on AGW science did go through the period where it was debated, evaluated and scrutinized. The results you`re now seeing are what passed that scrutinizing. Again you`re free to complete your own research and pick apart theirs, me thinks you prefer to simply flail your arms in anger because you can`t do the former.

And Michael Mann whose hockey stick has been proven to be bad science can crawl back to Penn State
                  You`re like an internet cookie, fixated on buzzwords and phrases. I did a quick search and of the 44 times "mann" was typed in this thread, 19 of those times was you, 12 were quotes of yours. Perhaps that should clue you into the fact that despite repeating the same old drivel, it's time you come up with a new argument.

Comment

ok some actual demonstrable data here:

cliff's notes: winter is shorter, which means more of these ticks survive. that, in turn, is affecting the moose population, because they can breed in numbers that allow them to actually take down a fucking moose. moose population receding north as a result.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      I like Ben's videos on other subjects, but there's little reason to give his thoughts on a scientific subject any credit.
                      True, I generally agree with Ben about many things so it's frustrating to watch such a persuasive journalist use hyperbole to discredit actual scientists. There's nothing worse than when somebody really smart is wrong.
                      My Feedback

Comment

i'll cite this rwh post from 2013 to further illustrate lyin george is little more than a broken record:

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                        And before you forget and repost the XX years without global warming bullshit again on the next page, tell us where the additional energy disappears to.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          I wonder how many cars and trucks, coal and oil power plants, airplanes, industrial factories were burning fossil fuel when Socrate was alive... ;-)
                          that is exactly the point Lee
                          we are burning co2 from the past, its not like we're adding co2 that hasn't been here before
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

thanks cale, from your link

Met Office Blog – Dave Britton (10:48:21) – 14 October 2012
                            “We agree with Mr Rose that there has been only a very small amount of warming in the 21st Century. As stated in our response, this is 0.05 degrees Celsius since 1997 equivalent to 0.03 degrees Celsius per decade.”
                            Source: metofficenews.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/met-office-in-the-media-14-october-2012

Dr. Hans von Storch – IPCC lead author - Spiegel – 20 June 2013
                            “…the increase over the last 15 years was just 0.06 degrees Celsius (0.11 degrees Fahrenheit) — a value very close to zero….If things continue as they have been, in five years, at the latest, we will need to acknowledge that something is fundamentally wrong with our climate models….”

“So far, no one has been able to provide a compelling answer to why climate change seems to be taking a break.”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ignores contents of article to cite comments on the article, good job lyin george

Comment

My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X