Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of diff?

Hello,
    I've found a diff for my car for a good price, but the problem is, I can't figure out what exactly is the diff ratio. The car the diff is coming of is an early model 318i. According to info found online, the ratio is either 4.10 or 3.91. Both of these are fine (mine is a 320i with a 4.10 diff). The vin of the donor is wbaak510909740391. Any idea what exactly the ratio might be? The seller broke off the id plate, but it's not very clear, I attach the image link below. Thank you for the help

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Originally posted by ciocc View Post
    Hello,
    I've found a diff for my car for a good price, but the problem is, I can't figure out what exactly is the diff ratio. The car the diff is coming of is an early model 318i. According to info found online, the ratio is either 4.10 or 3.91. Both of these are fine (mine is a 320i with a 4.10 diff). The vin of the donor is wbaak510909740391. Any idea what exactly the ratio might be? The seller broke off the id plate, but it's not very clear, I attach the image link below. Thank you for the help

http://imgur.com/a/1rEqq
    that vin number is for 316i, prod. date - 1987-01-23. Can't help with the ratio, like you said 4.10 or 3.91

Comment

Mark the diff on the output flange/case. Turn and count the input shaft turns until your marks line back up (one revolution).
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Isn't there a tag on the diff? Or only for medium case?
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          Mark the diff on the output flange/case. Turn and count the input shaft turns until your marks line back up (one revolution).
          Here's a visual for thus who are logically-impaired.

The quick and easy way to find differential ratio without tags or deciphering codes. We show you the simple way to check diff ratio.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
          X