Bavaria 3.0 Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavaria 3.0 Motor

Anyone has more details on this? A buddy came across an euro Bavaria 3.0 and he's taking the motor out of it. Asking $200. I know it runs a hotter cam an the euro motors run higher compression which is very very nice.

Worth the jump? What say you?

Thanks,
    Erick
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

If it's a Bavaria then it's a US only model. In Europe they were called the 3.0S or 3.0Si. Either way though there aren't many things about that engine that would make it desireable for a performance oriented build... It would make a pretty cool coffee table though!
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Heavy and not a lot of power - not the hottest swap for an e30.
      - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
      Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Well, not worth the hassle then. I looked at the car today and it was like "take the whole car" or not. And it was missing a fender, completely rusted out, missing front end. I'd have nowhere to store that car without getting some serious trouble.

For a motor that's not that hot, then oh well. Nevermind. My motor's still good. Just the clutch isn't :p
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

fuck it i am really thinking about M30swap instead of SR after hearing your car,

nice driving as well .

Comment

Torque > all. SRs can't touch M30s with that.

Thanks for the compliments tho.

Feedback Thread

Comment

hahah fosho i am just tried of driving N/a but i guess i could always go turbo megasquirt M30 i know a guy here in Texas running meagasquirt m30 in his E28 i think he pushing about 300 his car is so sick.

Sr would be easier b/c i know a lot more about the motor and know a lot of ppl with that swap and no e30 has a SR in my area even in Texas as far as i know.

Comment

Dude the M30 is stupid simple design. It's 6 manly men inside the block pushing up and down on the cylinder with Hercules-like force.

On boost it just becomes silly. But I want to avoid boost like the plague. I want this to be a turn-key race car. Change oil & filter maintenance and that's it.

White needle buried in the red driving style and still reliable.

Feedback Thread

Comment

thats what i am going for as well something reliable for events a DD till i can get a truck to toe to events or get another e30, but my buddy is doing this swap and is having problems with it and its discouraging me he said he might need a new head.

Comment

Thats very rare. I pulled my motor off the worst possible donor ever. Nothing in the car worked. Driving it was a straight up SERIOUS hazard, and I have driven some f*cked up cars before.

My motor still beats like a racing horse though. Doesn't skip a beat.

Feedback Thread

Comment

shit son your convincing me on doing the swap.

Comment

^^ learn about how a car works before you think about swapping motors.

A rocker arm broke on my engine, which was mainly my fault. Swapping a head won't be that hard and it should not discourage you from doing a swap. But I still think you should learn how these motors work before swapping them out. If you do this, or any swap for that matter, and happen to have problems like mine, you will be SOL.

Comment

woops. double post

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            Dude the M30 is stupid simple design. It's 6 manly men inside the block pushing up and down on the cylinder with Hercules-like force..
                            This quote = win

Comment

that quote was amazing, and i broke a rocker arm as well, it was a bitch and the car was down, but now with a b35 cam i couldnt be happier

erick your whole post about the m30 was awesome

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Working...
                              X