Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make your 4dr seats fold forward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make your 4dr seats fold forward!

Figured I would share how to make your 4dr seats fold forward in the same way 2dr seats do. This is great for when you find a mint set of sedan seats and want to put them in your coupe/vert.

First take the plastic covers off the side sand look for the punched notch in the frame rails. They are on both sides of the seat.

You need to remove these indents. It's hardened steel, so a normal high speed steel or cobalt drill won't do it. Use a grinding stone or carbide in a rotary tool of some sort. I used an air die grinder with a carbide burr. Don't try to remove it completely or you leave the chance it may hang up later. Instead go most of the way through like so...

Then use a hammer and punch to break it out. This will leave it smooth on the inside for free movement.

Now you can get in the back of your coupe with sedan seats...

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 03-05-2018, 12:56 PM.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

I thought you were voodooing up the rear seats...

Comment

Sorry to bring this back up from the dead, but I want to thank the OP for this tip cause after hours of searching I cannot believe how this is the only post on the internet providing such a simple solution to such an annoying problem. I found some nice IS seats from a sedan for my 318is and I could not be happier.
      Last edited by kenshin86; 09-18-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshin86 View Post
        Sorry to bring this back up from the dead, but after hours of searching I cannot believe how this is the only post on the internet providing such a simple solution to such an annoying problem. I found some nice IS seats from a sedan for my 318is and I could not be happier.
        If you actually found sedan sport seats just sell those impossibly rare units on and pick up any brand new Recaros of your choosing.

Comment

Working...
        X