Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 oil Dipstick and tube

Hello guys,

I actually don't know if this question has been asked before, but am looking for some information on "M50 swapped E30s" , specifically, the E34 oil Dipstick and it's tube.

I need to know the approximate length of the E34 oil Dip stick and it's Tube,
    considering the engine is out of an E36.

And whats the difference between the E34 combo and the E36 one "length wise"

Those are same length.

Comment

if you need, I can measure when I get home. Mine is still laying in a box in my garage waiting to be assembled this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
        if you need, I can measure when I get home. Mine is still laying in a box in my garage waiting to be assembled this weekend.
        The E34 one ? , if so, can you measure both the dipstick and the tube ?

i'd appreciate that, thanks : )

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
          Those are same length.
          Some say the e36 dipstick won't show the oil level correctly when put in an e34 oil pan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rousan_e30 View Post
            The E34 one ? , if so, can you measure both the dipstick and the tube ?

i'd appreciate that, thanks : )
            No problem.

Comment

Thanks guys, i got a reply through facebook.

the E34 dipstick is 19 3/4" tall from the tip to the base of the handle, whereas the e36 one is 20 1/2".

the tubes look like the same length, but the e36 one has more harsh bends whereas the e34 one is one consistent bend .

Comment

Working...
              X