Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB's on a 24v project, Dyno results Post 136!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
    More info?
    6-3-1 system where there are triple 2-1 collectors, coming from the two cyls that are TDC. IE pairing 1-6, 2-5 and 3-4. It makes a very unique exotic sound - think flat plane crank without changing the crank - it gets emphasized with individual throttles.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      6-3-1 system where there are triple 2-1 collectors, coming from the two cyls that are TDC. IE pairing 1-6, 2-5 and 3-4. It makes a very unique exotic sound - think flat plane crank without changing the crank - it gets emphasized with individual throttles.
      Any headers that are made like this for an m20 Or would you have to fab your own?
      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

how is the packing with it? usually its a pita to fit.
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          how is the packing with it? usually its a pita to fit.
          ^^^

I have POS ebay headers currently, so I am thinking I might fab some up for 'fun'

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

How is the packaging on a 6-3-1 style header in an E30? Sounds tight.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

run primaries that tune into a useable rpm 26-30" makes it even harder and longer secondaries such that you also end up with 3 pipes bundled under the chassis which might hurt ground clearance (might be no worse than 4" OD CAT or 3" single pipe as further back you can have a single pipe or twin ? on a RHD it would be even mor fun with steering linkage but not an issue for you guys. certainly has potential improvements over 6-2, ive thought about it recently but im trying to model it and quantify the improvements down low and midrange. for me its probably not practical so ive come up with a 6-2 design that i might get made oneday
              Last edited by digger; 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM.
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Custom made, but seeing this is a thread about a 24v, not m20, it's actually going to be even a tighter fit.

Since you are 2-1, the secondaries can be much smaller.

john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Custom made, but seeing this is a thread about a 24v, not m20, it's actually going to be even a tighter fit.
                  That was my point about it being a tight fit. I want to see this header when it's done.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

yes, of course the slant is worse so more room for inlet side of things but less on the exhaust..

what did you find from that exhaust you did?

i did some system modelling and the main benefit seems to be right down low like sub 2000rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      That was my point about it being a tight fit. I want to see this header when it's done.
                      I know you are busy with school, but if you stopped by more often, you would get to see a lot of stuff :P
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

what did you find from that exhaust you did?
                        I ended up in a bad accident in that car, it's long gone. The collector set has been sitting on the shelf since, now a customer wants them, so they will finally get put to use.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

I was meaningto say fabricate a 6-3-1 for an m20

Will be interested to see how they fit with a 24v

Sorry to get the thread off topic-ish

Comment

My m20 was supposed to be the engine they went on, but this thread is so old, have at it! I'm currently parting the e36 the ITB were tested on...
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Damn! Too late for me:

Comment

Anyone install these (RHD) on a 24V E30 yet?

Wondering if a 944 or 2002 booster moved over w/modified clevis would work?

Remote master?
                                Last edited by AWDBOB; 10-29-2017, 09:49 AM.
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X