No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 cams should be on their way. Also picked up an E34 oil pan, pick up, and dip stick today. Huge thanks to F34R for the help at the yard. Cutting the front subframe made it way easier lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      S52 cams should be on their way.
      Yeah... They should have been on their way. Long story short my engine went to M20 heaven and I spent all weekend dealing with that and crying. Just dropped the cams off at the UPS store. I'll send you the tracking info in a PM.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
        Long story short my engine went to M20 heaven and I spent all weekend dealing with that and crying.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Well I think I fixed the weird issues with my M20 with the parts mentioned earlier. It feels great to drive it for real again. The M20 is still pretty strong and will certainly live on in a later build.

As for the M52, the S52 cams showed up. I can't wait to start seriously tearing into the engine.

And because I was bored...

Comment

And because I was bored...

please refer to the current Car of the Month here to see how those wheels look when you have a full set
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

��

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                please refer to the current Car of the Month here to see how those wheels look when you have a full set
                Rip
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I'm just here to shit post

Comment

I just used my finger to cover up the rear. Lol
                    Build Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                    Parts Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                      I just cover up the whole car

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                        Good tip, much more enjoyable now.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I think we'll be doing our swaps around the same time, so I'll be watching! I snagged M54b30 internals to drop into my M52 while it's out.

What are you using for a clutch setup? Are you keeping the g260?
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Well... as expected the Tacoma has taken up the majority of my time and money. However, with the M20 running right, it has been nice to be able to drive the E30 a couple days a week. However, it sucks driving around on winter tires in the summer. I am currently looking for a cheap, but not shitty, set of 15x7's or 15x8's to mob around on this summer. I'm really enjoying the car raised up and on the tall sidewalls of the 14's so I don't want to give that up. But, I want some stickier tires and unfortunately no one is making anything decent in 14" anymore.

I test fitted the 15x7 et38 Enkei 92's my roommate had sitting in the basement. From the side they look great...

...however, from the front/rear they are too far sunk in for me, even with 10mm spacers in the front and 15mm in the rear.

As for the swap, it's slow going... I thought a $300 M52 would be pretty cheap to swap but everything I want to do to it is another $300... S52 cams? $300. ARP headstuds and headgasket? $300. So I dunno when I'll be getting around to that. Maybe I'll set up a car port on the side of the house and do it in the winter.

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                            What are you using for a clutch setup? Are you keeping the g260?
                            This is actually something I have been thinking about. I plan to swap the M52 NA (with S52 cams and M50 intake manifold) before I boost it so I can iron everything out. For that I think the G260 will be fine. Once boost comes maybe a ZF will be necessary. I haven't actually done much transmission/clutch research for a ~400hp M52.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the car raised up and on the tall sidewalls of the 14's so I don't want to give that up. But, I want some stickier tires and unfortunately no one is making anything decent in 14" anymore.

Falken Azenis RT615K comes in 195/60R14, a great tire choice and not crazy money.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                                Falken Azenis RT615K comes in 195/60R14, a great tire choice and not crazy money.
                                Weird... a week ago when I looked those up on Tire Rack it said they weren't available. Now they are, maybe I'll do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X