No announcement yet.

E36 Radiator in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thanks for the pictures, everyone made it sound like they clipped on or you could make the factory one work somehow.

Comment

E36 Radiator in an E30

Double post

Stupid Tapatalk
      Last edited by SnowB0und; 02-25-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

If you would gave newer e30 those 318is plastic supports will just clip on and after that the e36 radiator fit like from factory. But your older e30 is missing those metal brackets.

Comment

So this brings me to the question of is there a no weld solution for getting the M5x into an early model E30? I'm thinking of buying the newer radiator and just seeing how it looks in there, maybe I could make something to hold the bottom in place.

I have a welder, but I didn't realize that this had to be done and the engine is in now :(

Comment

Originally posted by SnowB0und View Post
            So this brings me to the question of is there a no weld solution for getting the M5x into an early model E30? I'm thinking of buying the newer radiator and just seeing how it looks in there, maybe I could make something to hold the bottom in place.

I have a welder, but I didn't realize that this had to be done and the engine is in now :(
            I welded in the late model brackets as well. The plastic "cups" are what clips in. The early model lower mount will support the bottom of the late model radiator but using the late model upper mount lets the radiator slide side to side. The early model upper mount is what keep the radiator in place side to side but the late model radiators don't have the mounting "ears" like the early model radiators did.

Comment

That's been my experience so far, snug but side to side is a concern. I'm going to fab up a piece of aluminum to one of the 2 unused mounts on the bottom. Thanks for your guys help on this one.

Comment

Working...
              X