Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    OEM is 205/55r15.. Not 205/60.

I believe my blizzaks are 195/60 and the fit great on the stock rims.
    Yeah that's right. It's been so long since I've run the stock size I'm always a bit hazy on the 60 or 55. 205/50/15 ftw. hah. My winters are the same 195/60 then as well.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Going to get some Konig Hypergrams 17x8 et45's. Should I run a 10 mm spacer to bring it to 35 or 15 to get it to 30. Going to run a 215/40 tire
      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Will the following fit an ix ok?
        16x8 +25
        '89 325ix
        '88 M6 Royal Blue
        '13 128i "M-Sport"
        '04 ZHP Mystic Blue-SOLD
        '02 E46 330xi-SOLD
        '89 325i Laachssilber metallic-SOLD
        '89 325i Bronzit-SOLD

Comment

nope. Well, they will "fit", but they're going to poke and rub everywhere.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            nope. Well, they will "fit", but they're going to poke and rub everywhere.
            Shit. Do you know of any BBS style wheels in size 16 that will work?
            '89 325ix
            '88 M6 Royal Blue
            '13 128i "M-Sport"
            '04 ZHP Mystic Blue-SOLD
            '02 E46 330xi-SOLD
            '89 325i Laachssilber metallic-SOLD
            '89 325i Bronzit-SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by ziazhp View Post
              Shit. Do you know of any BBS style wheels in size 16 that will work?

These will 17x8 BBS RXs ET 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2 x 88 IXs, 91 318IS, 90, 97, 98, 01 M3s, 95 540I 6spd,

Current project 91 318is build thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385094

sigpic

Comment

Holy massive pics batman! That thing would look good lowered. Still not sure about 16" vs. 17".

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

TBH, I say 17" (but not at stock height, sorry). The main reason is tires - 16" tire selection sucks balls.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Best tires for the stock iX basketweaves?

For all-season tires, the only options I seem to be able to find are a Kumho and a Dunlop (in 205/55R15). Do you run a different size tire on the stock rims? I'm new to tires and wheels, so please bear with me.

Comment

Originally posted by mrob View Post
                      For all-season tires, the only options I seem to be able to find are a Kumho and a Dunlop (in 205/55R15). Do you run a different size tire on the stock rims? I'm new to tires and wheels, so please bear with me.
                      The current wheels I have are just the stock IX weaves and a 205/60r15 all season.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                        The current wheels I have are just the stock IX weaves and a 205/60r15 all season.
                        Which all seasons do you have? Like em? I'm wondering if the 205/60 15 tires fit well...

I also have IX weaves and I'm in the market for new tires. I'm hearing the new Kumho ECSTA 4X II tires suck - noisey, bad tread life, and get flat spots. Anything good out there now?
                        My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
                          Which all seasons do you have? Like em? I'm wondering if the 205/60 15 tires fit well...

I also have IX weaves and I'm in the market for new tires. I'm hearing the new Kumho ECSTA 4X II tires suck - noisey, bad tread life, and get flat spots. Anything good out there now?
                          I couldn't tell ya. I'll let you know when I'm back in town. I'm at stock height and they fit no problem. Looks like there would be enough of clearance with H&R sports as well.

Hard to tell front the pic but the size isn't too bad. Slightly monster truck though lol

Comment

They fit but will look goofy with the huge sidewalls.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

They will be the same height as Blizzaks but wider...

The options in tires sucks. I'm looking at Kumho ECSTA 4X II, Nitto 450 Extreme, Yokohama S Drives but that seems like all there really is.

I don't want a goofy looking setup which I agree it might. Better to be wide.
                              Any suggestions?
                              Last edited by EyExR; 03-11-2017, 06:32 AM.
                              My 325iX DIY Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                                I couldn't tell ya. I'll let you know when I'm back in town. I'm at stock height and they fit no problem. Looks like there would be enough of clearance with H&R sports as well.

Hard to tell front the pic but the size isn't too bad. Slightly monster truck though lol
                                Thanks for sharing. That doesn't look too bad actually. Wish we had more options though...
                                My 325iX DIY Threads:

Comment

Working...
                                X