• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R888R's. :p
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nice track tires but probably tramline like crazy on poor roads.. I'm beginning to think I should get some 195 60 15 all season tires. I'm really looking for comfort. A narrower tire with a deep tread and many short spaced blocks might do the trick. Lots of options in that size, too.
      My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Test fit some wheels i have for my MINI on the IX... just on the rear... they are a Advanti DST storm 15x9 35mm offset... Not sure they would fit up front... probably would need spacers?

Sorry the pics didn't work the first time :(

Last edited by calebchesh; 03-14-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Pics don't work. Make sure you upload em through photobucket/flickr or some sort of media site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
            Which all seasons do you have? Like em? I'm wondering if the 205/60 15 tires fit well...

I also have IX weaves and I'm in the market for new tires. I'm hearing the new Kumho ECSTA 4X II tires suck - noisey, bad tread life, and get flat spots. Anything good out there now?

I'm going to try the kumhos this season. I end up on a lot of dirt/sketchy roads in the summer so I feel that I need an a/s tire. I'll let you know what I think. At only ~$300 a set I figure I'm not out too much if they are terrible.

Comment

Honestly they're not that bad. I have had them for well over a year and probably put 15k on them. All wearing fine at 4-5mm except one which I left on the left rear wheel too long (has 1mm of treadwear) due to 2.5 degrees of camber. ll probably flip it; Can't remember if they are directional. I drive the crap out of corners, dirt, and rain. They do the job nicely for a cheaper tire. The road noise isn't bad at all. People that complain about that drive econoboxes so all they hear is the tires. You'll be happy with them. I'll use them for one more season and then I'll switch over to a summer tire that won't suck in the rain. I just needed something that could replace the dry rotted tires that I bought it with.
              Build Thread
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
              Parts Thread
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

I've had the Kumhos in the past and they were not too bad but supposedly they've changed the materials and the reviews have gone from mediocre to pretty poor. My car sits for a while sometimes so getting flat spots would suck.
                I decided to get some Continental TrueContacts in 195 60 15. I have PureContacts on my wife's E46 and they're amazing so I figured I'd give these a shot. Just mounted them today. Will report back.
                My 325iX DIY Threads:

Comment

I'm pretty sure the tires on mine are Goodyear. Not 100% but pretty sure.

Don't worry about the pics. They way this forum does it is really wierd. Other forums you can just upload the pic directly to the page instead of linking them.

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

After my first drive today I can say True Contacts are super comfy. I used to have tramlining with GForce tires but these are incredibly stable. Harshness is gone and turning is easier. I'm sold.
                    My 325iX DIY Threads:

Comment

iX wheel thread

I just picked these up for a pretty good deal locally since I think we'll do a couple autocrosses with this car this summer and I don't own any summer tires. ESM-001 16x8 et30 (?).

They have some pretty tired dunlops on them so I'm currently considering either the Dunlop star spec or toyo r1r in 225/45-16 to run in STX. Any input on either of those? Other options are slim in that size.

Then there's the ratty rally tire setup- stock weaves with 205/65-15 Lassa gravels.

Sorry, edited for massive pictures...
                      Last edited by Fraser; 03-19-2017, 09:49 AM.

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Love the way the 001's look on e30's. They sell them in 20 and 35 offset so I'd assume you have the 35 unless there is poke.

Also those rally tires look sick!

Comment

ET30 is a good offset for an ix wheel at 8" width. Looks great!

I feel like all of these questions about ix wheels at ET 25 or less can be answered simply - no. ;)
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                            Love the way the 001's look on e30's. They sell them in 20 and 35 offset so I'd assume you have the 35 unless there is poke.

Also those rally tires look sick!

You're right, these are the et35- they seem to fit really well and leave some room for a slightly bigger tire. This particular set is not hubcentric and didn't come with a set of rings, but they seem to run true so far.

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Thought I'd contribute. Stock basketweaves in black. Kumho ecsta 4x 205/55-15

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser View Post
                                You're right, these are the et35- they seem to fit really well and leave some room for a slightly bigger tire. This particular set is not hubcentric and didn't come with a set of rings, but they seem to run true so far.
                                I've run non-hubcentric wheels for years without issue. The trick is to use the right pattern and tighten them up before you put it down on the ground. Also, having a stud conversion helps.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X