• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i have a behr I'm not sure, its new and it works great
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

Will the z3m s54 radiator allow enough clearance for a m20's mechanical fan?

Comment

I put a Nissens in my E30 a couple years ago. Bought it from BMA for cheap, and never had any issues with it.
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
          I'm currently in the market for a rad to supply a cooling foundation for my m30 swap.

I immediately thought about going Mishimoto due to the descent reviews some members have had with them.
          Unfortunately it seems Mishimoto revamped their design on the E36M3 rad making it difficult to work with fitment wise on the e30 (See JGood's review on Product review also)

So, unless I find an EARLY model Mishimoto rad- would you recommend nissens over Behr, Behr over Nissens?

I believe that BMW uses Behr straight from the factory.

thoughts?
          Thanks for considering our radiator for your 30. As you mentioned, we developed a brand new x-line radiator for the E30/E36 models. That being said, our standard aluminum radiator for the E30/E36 is not being discontinued. These two radiators provide an option for our customers, depending upon their cooling system setup, environment, and vehicle use.

JGood was using our Z3M radiator and had an issue with the overflow nipple location. We worked with him to identify the issue, and we sent him a radiator with the appropriately located nipple. Additionally, our product design was modified slightly to provide better fitment in that area of the radiator.

Let us know if we can answer any specific questions about any of our radiator options for the E30.

Thanks

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
          JGood was using a Z3M radiator I thought? The thicker one, not the normal e36 one.

That being said, I put an e36 mishimoto in my e34 and it lasted about a year before it started to leak. Got a replacement one for $35 though (shipping), no questions asked.
          You are correct in regards to JGood. I apologize for the issue you had with our E36 radiator. Hopefully the replacement unit is working out for you! If you continue to have problems, please let us know.

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
          The Mishimoto I purchased for my Mini blew after less than a month, then after paying for the warranty replacement I had to wait 3 months before I finally called to find out that it was back ordered for another 3 months...

No refund, apology, discount, nothing at all...
          Although it may be too late, I truly apologize for the situation you encountered with our Mini Cooper radiator. I understand that is a lengthy installation process, so I am sure you did not enjoy having to replace several radiators in such a short period of time. Sending you a PM about this shortly.

Thanks
          -John
          Mishimoto Automotive

Comment

Have a BEHR in mine and as much as I rag on her she has never went past the half mark on temp

Comment

ended up purchasing BEHR e28 535 simply because it was only $99 and brand new.
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

That sounds perfect. Where did you source it, if you don't mind?
                Originally posted by Andy.B
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I had an issue with sealing on the output side of a nissens e30 rad. May have been a one off casting problem though.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                    That sounds perfect. Where did you source it, if you don't mind?
                    Lucked out on ebay
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                      ended up purchasing BEHR e28 535 simply because it was only $99 and brand new.
                      You wont be sorry, good buy sir.

Comment

In the market for a new radiator since old one is starting to leak from where plastic meets metal. Trying to get a BEHR radiator but they are around $400. Is there anywhere you guys seen for cheaper price? I have a 91 automatic transmission, so my other option is a Nissens for $160.

Comment

crap, $400?

I would get the Nissens. Should be just fine.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                            I have been happy with CX-Racing rad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Alu...63a2df&vxp=mtr
                            been looking at these I met another person with an E30 that has this.. thanks for giving a better alternative than the $250 mishi aluminum and $130-300 regular aluminum and plastic radiators...

Comment

Seems to me, the Behr I bought last summer was about $220
                              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                              Alice the Time Capsule
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I only use the Behr for the M42, (tank issues with the E36 everything else)
                                but the Nissens in the M20 car has been fine.

I agree- the Nissens had casting flash on the in/outlet that might have caused
                                trouble- so I scraped it off. It works fine otherwise.

t
                                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                                X