• Show
Clear All

I'm down for waiting
    I want both sides but am not ready to commit yet
    If I see it hits 25% pricing; I'll move some funds around to buy in

Comment

Same here, at 25% off I'm in^

Comment

Please put me down for both front doors on a sedan. Im also willing to wait.
        2006 Honda Civic Si (Sold 3 weeks after purchased)
        2005 Honda S2000 Stroked 2.5 (Sold and still miss it)
        1991 E30 318i (crashed for now)
        1989 E30 325i (current project)
        2014 CC (Daily)

Comment

in for full set of a coupe
          cars beep boop

Comment

no problem waiting here as well . . . Thanks

Comment

Can they get E46 coupe ones? I would be interested in those lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage.Autobahn View Post
                agent- Another good question, we can keep this group buy open for a week or two if the majority of people on the list want to wait for their seals and try for the 25% off pricing.
                Thanks for the clarification. Part of what prompted the question is I was hoping a handful of these guys would get their seals in hand sometime relatively soon, which would give them an opportunity report on what they thought about them once installed.

That said, hopefully we can reach the 25% off quota - at that price they're easily worth taking a chance on.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Dumb question, but how do you know if you need new seals? I have a sedan with the passenger side is kind of warped. I don't have any leaks that I know of.
                  Thanks

Comment

An updated list is below, if you are on the list and I don't have your email address please send it to me at VintageAutobahn@gmail.com or in a PM. Based on the feedback we are going to wait and shoot for an order of 50+ seals, so I have added those who expressed interest at that price to the list. If your name is on the list with a question mark next to it please confirm or cancel your order so we know the current status of the group buy.

1. ///m42 sport x1 drivers side coupe
                    2. jdt10768 x1 drivers side coupe
                    3. jdt10768 X1 passenger side coupe
                    4. Prf3ct x 1 drivers side coupe
                    5. Prf3ct x 1 passenger side coupe
                    6. e30bulldog x 1 driver side coupe
                    7. e30bulldog x 1 passenger side coupe
                    8. lynch_90is x 1 driver side coupe
                    9. lynch_90is x 1 passenger side coupe
                    10. e30 wagen x 1 coupe driver side
                    11. e30 wagen x 1 coupe driver side
                    12. e30 wagen x 1 coupe passenger side
                    13. e30 wagen x 1 coupe passenger side
                    14. e30 wagen x 1 sedan driver side
                    15. e30 wagen x 1 sedan driver side rear
                    16. e30 wagen x 1 sedan passenger side
                    17. e30 wagen x 1 sedan passenger side rear
                    18. Pandaboo911 x 1 coupe driver side
                    19. Iron-e x 1 coupe driver side
                    20. Iron-e x 1 coupe passenger side
                    21. jseb710 x 1 sedan driver side
                    22. jseb710 x 1 sedan passenger side
                    23. kronus x 1 coupe driver side
                    24. kronus x 1 coupe passenger side
                    25. JinormusJ ?
                    26. JinormusJ ?
                    27. tytypetersen ?
                    28. tytypetersen ?
                    29. agent ?
                    30. agent ?

hammbone33- The OEM seals fail for a number of reasons. The heat bonded 90 degree corner at the upper edge of the seal is usually one of the first areas of failure (see attached photo of the seal on my 77,000 mile 325i that has been babied its entire life) Once the seal tears through completely in this location it will cause problems with the seal of the door and look of the interior. In addition to seals falling apart at the corner I have had a lot of customers use these seals due to rips in the OEM seal at the sill plate, any compromise to the seal at this location will lead to increased cabin noise. Cigarette burns on the fur strip can also be unsightly for smokers or those who own cars previously driven by a smoker. Maybe other members on the list can chime in about why they want to replace their seals?

agent- If it helps you can check my Ebay feedback, Vintage.Autobahn is my user name. I have sold many of these seals and only had positive feedback/correspondence from my customers. I am also happy to offer a refund of purchase and shipping price if anybody is not happy with the quality of the seal. I will also see if I can find a customer who is a member of R3V to have them post some feedback on this thread.

I have also attached a picture of the seal next to an OEM seal to give you guys a better reference of the fur color, the grey fur is slightly lighter than the fur on the OEM seal but it matches the headliner almost perfectly.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Vintage.Autobahn; 02-19-2015, 12:05 PM. Reason: typo
                    www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

Comment

Maybe other members on the list can chime in about why they want to replace their seals?

I have also attached a picture of the seal next to an OEM seal to give you guys a better reference of the fur color, the grey fur is slightly lighter than the fur on the OEM seal but it matches the headliner almost perfectly.
                      I replaced my pass. side seal with OEM a while back because the seal had shrunk, creating a big gap at the top corner.

As for your comparison photo, I have to be honest, that's not really what I'd call 'slightly' lighter. That's a pretty big difference in color.

I'm potentially interested (probably in the future since the other door seal is still okay and not a priority), but I want to see what other members have to say about fit and quality, and if the difference in color is as great as it seems to be, I'd like to see that changed to something that matches better as well.

Comment

rturbo930- I would say that the color at the top of the photo near my hand is the closest comparison. The fur got washed out by the sun on the lower part of the photo, more so on the reproduction because it was not shaded the same. I have sold single seals to many people and never had a complaint, there is always a first for everything though which is why I always offer a money back guarantee.
                        www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

Comment

I am also happy to offer a refund of purchase and shipping price if anybody is not happy with the quality of the seal. I will also see if I can find a customer who is a member of R3V to have them post some feedback on this thread.

Again, very helpful info - thank you. I'll go ahead and commit to one of each side for a two door sedan please.

Email sent.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

my door seals have shrunken over time, and pulled away from where they should normally rest. pretty damn irritating. I double-sided-taped them in place, but it's not optimum. Esp upper rearward corner as mentioned. Also have some decay of the seal at lower doorsill.

Comment

Put me down for the passenger side coupe then too so I have a matching pair.

fyi. I got a few OE seals years back where the fur was black so the colors might have changed some.

I didnt know there were cabrio specific seals.
                              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I am in for a set for coupe. PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X