BBK Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBK Options

Any other options besides the obvious wildwood/brembo?

I've heard of 996 turbo conversions, but haven't been able to find a writeup.

E46 M3 an upgrade?

FC rx7 4 piston caliper. I got a pair if you're interested.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I've got a pair as well.

I didn't know people did them on the M3.

Also, looking for something a little bigger than that.

Comment

Not an upgrade except for the 4 piston. Have you looked at Lee's site he sells Willwood. There is the brakes off of the 135iS they will go on as do the Boxster Brembo's. Both of those have been done over at s14.net

Oh forgot to mention Stoptech and Alcon AP's
        Last edited by M-technik-3; 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I've been to Lee's site, but haven't seen anything from a conversion standpoint. At this point the wilwood seems to be the best bang for the buck and it just bolts right up.

This said if they made a conversion for 996 stuff and I could bolt on 4 Pistons all around and have a good caliper option it would be under half the cost.

Comment

I actually asked a really similar question on s14.net

If you're looking for a high performance, track-oriented direct E30 M3 fitment BBK, Lee has two options: 332x32mm rotors, and 355x32mm rotors. Both are gargantuan, and use either Wilwood or AP CP8350 calipers that utilize the 7420 pad shape.

The best part of the 7420 shape is that pads are fairly inexpensive.

Lee no longer offers the 300x32 kit because of low demand.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

When I bought my car the 6 piston wilwoods were on there. The PO offered me a good amount of money off the car if he could keep them. They are huge, but god they are beautiful.

Do I need anything that crazy? Probably not. My car will see the track, but it will also see a lot of street. Thats is why I was hoping a 996 option was available for street/track use and an obvious upgrade over stock.

Comment

AP Racing based kit. Same (Wilwood) rotors as the kit with the forged radial Superlite calipers.

Rear 332x32mm floating kit also available.

Rear 300x32mm kit with AP Racing and Wilwood Superlite also available
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Lee,

I've done some research on your threads and I know there isn't a one size fits all solution for your setups.

Do you sell an adapter bracket that fits 996 brakes?

I am looking for an improvement over stock (OEM E30 M3 stuff and boosterless) without going too crazy/overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by CMart View Post
                    Lee,

I've done some research on your threads and I know there isn't a one size fits all solution for your setups.

Do you sell an adapter bracket that fits 996 brakes?

I am looking for an improvement over stock (OEM E30 M3 stuff and boosterless) without going too crazy/overboard.
                    I don't design nor produce adapters for street calipers, as I don't see those calipers as track worthy. You don't want calipers with aluminum pistons, they transmit pads' heat pretty efficiently to your brake fluid. Not good. And you don't want rubber dust boots. They melt. They dry up. The keep pistons from moving freely. And once water and dust goes past those boots, pistons get damaged. I don't see the point of fitting 996 calipers when you can get some proper track calipers for less, and those calipers can be fitted with the most commonly used pad shape in the world.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                      I don't see the point of fitting 996 calipers when you can get some proper track calipers for less, and those calipers can be fitted with the most commonly used pad shape in the world.
                      ^^^^ This ^^^^^

Words of wisdom here.
                      Jimmy P.
                      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                      98 318Ti Morea Green
                      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Lee - PM me a price on a front and rear setup.

Comment

BTW I didn't want to offend anyone by saying that 996 calipers or the big shinny 135i calipers are not "proper" track calipers. They were designed for the street and will work well in that environment. They are big. They are shiny. But they are simply not designed for the harsh track environment and will not handle heat as well as a specifically track-designed caliper. Piston material, rubber boots, paint, pad selection and cost. Every little aspect counts. Same as the big Brembo calipers found on Subaru STi or Mitsu Evo cars. They are usually the first components to be changed when the car is tracked seriously.

CMart. Will do.
                          Last edited by Massive Lee; 02-04-2016, 05:41 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I have lee's rallye kit and rear brake kit on my M3. It works wonderfully well. Smooth stable brakes, never fade (with the right pads) and I can go to many many track days without needed to replace pads/rotors. Some of my friends with stock pads bring replacement rotors/pads for each track weekend. I keep telling them that a year of track driving would pay for a set of Massive brakes!

M3 4 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Thanks Eric.

I am moving to Denver later this year. I had no idea Pueblo had a track.

Comment

Working...
                              X