Need Help with Leaking Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Leaking Roof

Recently i've noticed that my roof will leak near the passenger side seat. The previous owner said that the roof was welded in, so that would lead me to believe i have clogged drains or the roof was not sealed properly. I want to get this fixed asap because I'm worried about rust, however i can't find any help on how to clean out my drains with a supposed welded roof. Additionally, i want to get my car repainted sometime in the future, so would it be easier to just leave the roof alone or cut it out and try to fix PO mistakes? I'm likely going to have to get new headliner too. if anyone could help with what to do, id really appreciate the advice.

Open the speaker and the drain hose goes down through there, you can blow air the other way, towards the sunroof.
    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      Open the speaker and the drain hose goes down through there, you can blow air the other way, towards the sunroof.
      The speaker just below the dash, correct? and would something like compressed air work best?

Comment

Originally posted by HooptE30 View Post
        The speaker just below the dash, correct? and would something like compressed air work best?
        yes.
        I prefer to suck it out with my mouth and wash it down with a beer. Compressed air works too.
        Q

Comment

yes.
          I prefer to suck it out with my mouth and wash it down with a beer. Compressed air works too.
          i'll probably end up doing both. Thanks again!

Comment

Drains seemed to be clear to me, nothing coming out and no unusual resistance to air flow. am I f***ed and have a bad roof?

Comment

Originally posted by HooptE30 View Post
              Drains seemed to be clear to me, nothing coming out and no unusual resistance to air flow. am I f***ed and have a bad roof?
              Yeah, pretty much.

Sunroof leaks are either caused by the drainers being clogged or the adjustment of the panel is off. So, we know its not the first one and your panel is welded in, so yeah, fucked is a good way to put it
              Q

Comment

How did they weld it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Q

Comment

How did they weld it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Honestly couldnt tell you, he just said they had it welded in and at the time it wasnt leaking because i had taken it through a car wash. I just want to get this fixed because its a pain in the ass now

Comment

Guess i have to take all the headliner out and see about cutting it out?

Comment

anyone have any suggestions or know how to go about fixing this? id be willing to pay someone to help if they knew what they were doing

Comment

Working...
                      X