1991 318is Mishimoto Alum Rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318is Mishimoto Alum Rad

Looking for a all aluminum Radiator for my 1991 e30 318is. Preferable Mishimoto. They list all aluminum but I think they are for e36 setup. Don't know how the e36 radiator fits in the e30 radiator support. Any leads on an all aluminum for my beast?

dlm ny country
    Attached Files

Pretty sure you have to get the E36 one and add something like a later M20 expansion tank.

Or, you know, just buy a stock radiator or two for the price of one Mishimoto.

Comment

Why add expansion tank? Didn't the e36 have them on the radiator like the 318is?
      Not familiar with e36 body but know the M42 motor.

dlm ny country

Comment

I went with the CXRacing aluminum radiator. It's a direct fit, the only issue I had was that I had to bend the inlet for the small hose to the coolant expansion tank away slightly, as it was too close to the large inlet for both hoses to fit on. It's exactly the right size, has all the right holes and fittings, and uses the stock mounts without a problem. It looks nice and it works great, really happy with it.

I went through four OEM replacement radiators (plastic end tank failure) on my first e30, chose not to make that mistake this time around.

Comment

CXRacing aluminum radiator..... Was the for an M42?

dlm ny country

Comment

Didn't the e36 have them on the radiator like the 318is?

Yup. And like cracker, I went through several before I bought Behr, and got one
            that didn't leak!

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Sounds good. I don't see an expansion tank on the radiator though wich my e30 318is has. Will take another look. Toby, back to 2002faq.. or e46fanatic.. :)

dlm
              Last edited by dlmrun2002; 03-12-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

who, me?

heh

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                X