Fuel Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Leak

Recently bought a 91' 318i and after installing a new water pump and thermostat I drove it over to my garage and realized that I was leaking gas. It is definitely coming from one of my hard lines and if I'm not mistaken its my fuel feed line. My problem is I ordered a new feed line with the part # from realoem and I'm not sure if I either got sent the wrong part # or if this was kinked to fit in the box and I have to bend it back. If anyone can give me a little insight on this that would be awesome, or if I'm missing a thread about this post it! attached some pictures too showing my issue.

Thanks guys and gals

Looks like they gently 'formed' it for shipping. If it seems like the right length, just carefully
    straighten it out.

Damn, I do not miss the rust belt. You have my sympathy...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Just bend it to the needed shape as long as it's the correct size
      Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
      Bimmerbuddies LLC
      717-388-1256
      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
      bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Lots of fuel leaks going around...is that right by the fuel filter?

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          Looks like they gently 'formed' it for shipping. If it seems like the right length, just carefully
          straighten it out.

Damn, I do not miss the rust belt. You have my sympathy...

t
          Yeah Wisconsin has a knack for over salting roads......

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
          Just bend it to the needed shape as long as it's the correct size
          Thanks!

Originally posted by Mahalaleel View Post
          Lots of fuel leaks going around...is that right by the fuel filter?
          Nope, right by where the hard line meets the soft line. By the driver side control arm.

Have another issue. I'm just going to replace all of my lines running along the frame of the car, my problem is I cannot locate exactly what lines are actually running there. I have my feed line and ordering the return line plus all the new clips etc....BUT

I cannot figure out what the additional lines are, I think one is fuel and one is the brakes but cannot locate anything in my buddies bentley or Realoem. Can anyone help? Part #'s would be awesome as I'm trying to order this stuff ASAP!

Comment

Working...
          X