No announcement yet.

Paging r3v detectives... Whos car is this :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just an e30. No cares given. Thank the gods that it wasn't an e30 m3.

Comment

Originally posted by shahe View Post
      whut?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

it was pretty damn close. if not more

wat

Comment

Yea, all the man hours put into that vehicle don't stand for anything...

Get off your horse.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
            it was pretty damn close. if not more

wat
            Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Yea, all the man hours put into that vehicle don't stand for anything...

Get off your horse.
            It was a chevy truck motor stufed into a rusty 86 eta. the fitment of everything was terrible to bad, the bumpers looked horrid and were from an ........e36, and didn't fit at all to the body lines.

yes there was alot of time and a few nice parts, but please look a bit better at the shiny pics.
            no high horse here, just calling it as it is.

Comment

So did you see the car in person? Or are you passing judgment from across the internet?

'Cause there's a big difference.
              1991 318i SOLD
              2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by unevolved View Post
                So did you see the car in person? Or are you passing judgment from across the internet?

Two BMW enthusiast friends who did see the car in person share very similar sentiments as Mike's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                  Two BMW enthusiast friends who did see the car in person share very similar sentiments as Mike's.
                  Really?! Who's the other person?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

idk, i'd look pretty fly in that car

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                      It was a chevy truck motor stufed into a rusty 86 eta. the fitment of everything was terrible to bad, the bumpers looked horrid and were from an ........e36, and didn't fit at all to the body lines.

yes there was alot of time and a few nice parts, but please look a bit better at the shiny pics.
                      no high horse here, just calling it as it is.
                      It was a budget racecar. And an amazingly well sorted one at that. Do you expect all racecars to be concours winning show cars?
                      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Just for the record, is everyone here aware that car was built for less than $2000? Having competed in that event twice myself, it's not easy.
                        1991 318i SOLD
                        2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Granted, that does not account for creative parts accounting, and unlimited labor hours. Kinda like using Unlimited Life & Multiple Item Spawning in a video game. Sure, you don't have Unlimited Ammo, but ain't nobody gonna kill ya.

Comment

Yeah. I wired up a Nissan motor with a Ford MAF sensor in a Mazda frame using the wiring from a stripped out 300ZX. That's the kind of crazy shit you do for these races.
                            1991 318i SOLD
                            2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by unevolved View Post

pictures don't lie now do they...... sometimes they can even make things look nicer than they really are.

I am not trying to rip the car apart, just making the statement that it is no E30 M3, and like stated here many times already, it is a $2011 car with some wheels and AST suspension. A huge loss of time (which is rarely recoverable) and sad to see any E30 die, but people are hanging on this car like some 25 mile E30 M3 Evo III that burned up.

Comment

Gentlemen, give it a rest. It was vorshlags labor of love. That's an awesome car for $2011. Very few could replicate it with that budget constraint. This car was purpose built to race, not car shows. Let's be honest, it didnt look that bad either.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X