E30 320i springs are stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 320i springs are stuck!

Hi. I have a E30 pre facelifted from 1987, which has been "converted" to a 325i, with m20b25, complete front and rear axles with suspension, brakes and so on.
    When I got the car, I installed power steering on it, with a E36 rack, and I changed the shocks to koni yellow sports adjustable in the front (which I found out was 51mm in diameter) and yellow bilstein shortened in the back. I also replaced the front upper strut mounts to original bmw's. I then installed new set of springs both front and rear H&R sports (Blue color lowers 35/35mm).
    I got the car alligened and it drive nicely, but there is a problem.
    It occurs easily if you turn the wheel all the way to one side and then stright, and try driving stright without holding on the wheel. Then the car want to go to the side you just turned (It is like the springs/suspension are stuck in some way). And if you do it to the opposite side, it does the same the opposite side.
    I got the car on the lift, and I suddenly realized that the upper 2-3 coils on each front springs have scraped on each other. And this explains my problems perfect.

But why, and how do I fix this?
    Attached Files
Working...
X