Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else running Turner M50 manifold kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else running Turner M50 manifold kit?

Those of you running this kit, did you have to make any modifications to the main hard cooling line/pipe running along the block? Using the stock S52 manifold supports and the stock CCV location on the bracket, there is not room for the lower large pipe to fit. Have any of you dealt with this? I've attached a couple pics... Thanks in advance-

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    '90 325is/S52
    '76 2002
    '74 2002tii
    '06 325i sedan
    '05 X5 3.0i
    '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

RenaissanceMan - I had to modify the small line that feeds to the throttle body to clear the CCV when mounted in the bracket and cut the side of the CCV bracket to clear the big connection.

The modified small line is circled in red in this pic. You can also see the material removed from the CCV bracket at the 5 o'clock position of the red circle. The piece you cut off is meant to hold one of the throttle body coolant lines and is not needed - the hose can be routed differently. Many delete the throttle body heater circuit but it serves a real purpose and I chose to keep it.

I also had to cut/weld both of my intake manifold supports to fit properly with the kit but that could be attributed to this being an M52 which uses different shaped supports than the S52.

MJ

Comment

Thanks for the reply, MJ. That is exactly the info I was looking for. I hate to ask a dumb question, but do you know what this piece is for from the kit?

'90 325is/S52
      '76 2002
      '74 2002tii
      '06 325i sedan
      '05 X5 3.0i
      '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

Comment

There are no stupid questions - I have learned a lot from this site and continue to do so.

That particular piece extends the corrugated plastic breather hose that runs from the valve cover to the CCV. It is simply heat shrink tubing with a copper piece at its center.

I made the cut at the smooth section in the hose that is nearest the valve cover connection (should be obvious when you look at it).

Pic will give you an idea.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VmZLnj]

Originally posted by RenaissanceMan View Post
        Thanks for the reply, MJ. That is exactly the info I was looking for. I hate to ask a dumb question, but do you know what this piece is for from the kit?

Comment

BTW - I received zero instructions from Turner when I bought my kit.

It is a really clean piece of engineering but considering the cost compared to the alternatives it should have some sort of documentation.

This kit is/was also sold by Eurosport (they are the originators of the design) and at one time they had a nice instructional .pdf available. You might get some search hits using their name.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
            There are no stupid questions - I have learned a lot from this site and continue to do so.

That particular piece extends the corrugated plastic breather hose that runs from the valve cover to the CCV. It is simply heat shrink tubing with a copper piece at its center.

I made the cut at the smooth section in the hose that is nearest the valve cover connection (should be obvious when you look at it).

Pic will give you an idea.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VmZLnj]
            Aha! Perfect, thanks! Yeah, I was wondering why the breather hose was under so much tension after install. That was the only part of the kit I didn't have figured out. 😁

'90 325is/S52
            '76 2002
            '74 2002tii
            '06 325i sedan
            '05 X5 3.0i
            '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
              BTW - I received zero instructions from Turner when I bought my kit.

It is a really clean piece of engineering but considering the cost compared to the alternatives it should have some sort of documentation.

This kit is/was also sold by Eurosport (they are the originators of the design) and at one time they had a nice instructional .pdf available. You might get some search hits using their name.

MJ
              Same here, had to figure it out, myself. Can't believe they don't include a guide.

'90 325is/S52
              '76 2002
              '74 2002tii
              '06 325i sedan
              '05 X5 3.0i
              '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

Comment

Working...
              X