Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 Street/TimeAttack (+ E36 V8 Turbo Touring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Street/TimeAttack (+ E36 V8 Turbo Touring)

Hello everybody! My name is Mikko, I live in Finland and I've been building my E30 for years slowly with love and emotion.. Car is pretty much pure track build with a bunch of my designed and fabricated custom parts. Some of you might have seen my project pictures at r3vlimited facebook group, now I finally got myself registered here :)
    So where should I start then... I have LOTS of pictures and also as much story to tell, but I'll just offer you a short list of the modifications I've done or what I'm going to do:

Engine:
    -M30B35 twincharged with Eaton M112 and maybe a PT6766 or similar
    -Water to air intercooler (pic)

Drivetrain:
    -ZF GS6-53DZ gearbox (pic)
    -E60 M5 differential (pic)
    -E60 M5 driveshaft (pic)
    -E34 output shafts

Suspension:
    -K-sport Track coilovers (pic)
    -E36 M3 spindles front (pic)
    -Modified E34 M5 rear axle (pic)
    -DTM style adjustment in every corner (pic)

Brakes:
    -Porsche Cayenne Brembos 6- and 4-pot (pic)
    -E46 M3 discs front (pic)
    -E34 M5 discs rear
    -Pedalbox (pic)

Steering:
    -E46 steering rack (pic)
    -Electric power steering pump

Wheels:
    -17" 5x120
    -275/40 front, 315/35 rear

Chassis:
    -FIA rollcage
    -lots of fiberglass

Pictures in my Photobucket:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Don't forget to like our Facebook page, we might have some cool stuff there
    MRT Engineering, Ylöjärvi. 7,491 likes · 1 talking about this · 15 were here. Performance parts and accessories CNC machining TIG welding

Thanks,
    Miuge
    Last edited by Miuge; 04-09-2019, 03:09 AM.
    Facebook - MRT Engineering
    eBay - MRT Engineering
    Instagram - mrtengineering
    YouTube - miugemrt

I love the idea of a twin charged monster, but I don't necessarily see the point these days with the advancement of turbos.

Do you plan to do a built motor with a higher compression ratio? What is your fuel system going to consist of?

IMO a 10:1 or 10.5:1 built bottom end with that turbo and E85 should negate the need for the supercharger if you get the ball bearing version with the billet wheel.

Either way looks to be a monstrous build. It will be interesting to see how efficient the water to air will cool both set-ups. Do you plan to run a plenum with laminova coolers for the supercharger? I'd imagine combining the 2 chargers could make the blower heat soak even sooner?

Keep up the good work, you obviously have the ability and know ho to take on this task, interested to see the results!
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

:0

7speedshop.com

Comment

Dayum....

Why the metal guards? why not go Fiberglass to save weight with all that works seems out of place.

I want to see pictures of the rear suspension setup sounds very interesting

Edit: Never mind just sore the links to the pictures

The pillow ball mounts you have made for the rear trialling arms, would that be something you could sell as a kit? I would like to know how much they would be as I would adapt them to E30 Trailling arms.
        Last edited by Massimo; 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi guys and thank you!

I've always loved twincharged setups and I don't see such drawback why I wouldn't do one. Supercharger gives instant boost from the idle which spools the turbo even sooner and of course we have a nice torque plot thanks to SC :) Ball bearing CHRA only makes about 500rpm difference.
          Setup will be sequential, which means after the turbo spools supercharger will be bypassed. No excessive heating.
          As money is always a problem with the project, I'll go with a standard M30 bottom end first season. Later I probably build a higher CR engine, minimum of 9.0:1. Fuel will be E85 definitely.

All the outer panels will be made of fiberglass for sure. Metal inner fenders because I like more metal welded to metal and those won't add weight more than 5kilos compared to fiberglass :)

Yes I'm going to bring some custom parts to market this year, but right now it's the Finnish bureaucracy slowing me down!
          eBay - MRT Engineering
          YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
            :0
            Kameron, you dig it? ;)
            Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
            https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Comment

I have ev14 1000cc injectors for sale if u need them brand new also green top 42ib injectors new and innovative air to fuel ratio gauge and innovate oil temp and pressure gauge both new for sale lmk bump keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Miuge View Post
                Hi guys and thank you!

I've always loved twincharged setups and I don't see such drawback why I wouldn't do one. Supercharger gives instant boost from the idle which spools the turbo even sooner and of course we have a nice torque plot thanks to SC :) Ball bearing CHRA only makes about 500rpm difference.
                Setup will be sequential, which means after the turbo spools supercharger will be bypassed. No excessive heating.
                As money is always a problem with the project, I'll go with a standard M30 bottom end first season. Later I probably build a higher CR engine, minimum of 9.0:1. Fuel will be E85 definitely.
                Sounds like an awesome build. I've always wanted to do a crazy twin charge set-up on a US S52.

Excited to see you results!
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Nice I was hoping you'd come to r3v at some point. Been following you on Facebook.
                  Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

e30king89, I think 1000cc injectors are too small for my future plans :) Not sure about gauges either, I was thinking to go with MaxxECU which supports Android device as a dash..

eduTechnic, great to hear we have some true followers!

Last week we took our gas turbine bike to Finnish motorcycle exhibition and we got the OpenClass 2nd price :) Not bad for a first-timer

This week I continued building my car, naturally... Passenger side needed an air duct too, which became as good as the other side. Here you can see the boxed subframe reinforcements:

A-pillars got reinforcements too with dimpled holes:
                    eBay - MRT Engineering
                    YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Definitely subscribing to this, it's great to see one taken to the extreme :)
                      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Cool :)
                        https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                        https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Crazy project! Do like!
                          E30 now S52
                          2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                          325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

That first picture though, sweet build.
                            sigpic

'88 325is-daily
                            '89 325is-project
                            '84 633csi-its there
                            '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
                            '01 525i- sold

Comment

my god.