944 VS 2002 Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

944 VS 2002 Booster

So I currently have a good working 944 booster installed in my E30. I am looking at swapping an S54 into my recently injured E30. What is the size difference between the 2002 and the 944 booster. Is it possible to run what I have. I am hesitant to go booster less as I have E36 m3 front brakes and 318ti rears and I don't know how well that they will work without a booster.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

First:
    Fix your brake bias problems by dumping the 318ti rear brakes as the cylinder sizes are wrong for the M3 fronts. Easiest but costly fix is:
    Massive Wilwood 318ti upgrade

As far as booster, I am not running one any longer, but going manual with this from Massive:

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      First:
      Fix your brake bias problems by dumping the 318ti rear brakes as the cylinder sizes are wrong for the M3 fronts. Easiest but costly fix is:
      Massive Wilwood 318ti upgrade

As far as booster, I am not running one any longer, but going manual with this from Massive:
      Yeah my long term goal is to get the complete matching front and rear setup from Massive. For now just want something to clear my future S54. If my current 944 will clear with a shim and my current solid mounts I would gladly do that but if I need to go 2002 I just need to know which 2002 unit to get.

Comment

I'm not sure any of those will fit with the plenum.

The S54 airbox will not fit in the E30 engine bay with the stock brake booster. Kassel Performance recommends using a Porsche 944 brake booster for a stock-like pedal feel coupled with ease of installation. The S54 air plenum will still need to be modified in order to clear the brake booster. Currently, we do […]

May need to do something like that to allow for clearance
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I know the 2002 will fit I am just wondering how much bigger the 944 is than the 2002?

Comment

it wont fit. Im s54 swapped and there is nearly no room without modifying the air box with a 944 booster

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
              it wont fit. Im s54 swapped and there is nearly no room without modifying the air box with a 944 booster
              Which booster are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                Which booster are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post

\

How much modification did the airbox require?

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                    I'm not sure any of those will fit with the plenum.

The S54 airbox will not fit in the E30 engine bay with the stock brake booster. Kassel Performance recommends using a Porsche 944 brake booster for a stock-like pedal feel coupled with ease of installation. The S54 air plenum will still need to be modified in order to clear the brake booster. Currently, we do […]

May need to do something like that to allow for clearance
                    Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                    \

How much modification did the airbox require?
                    The link shows it...
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      The link shows it...
                      Ok cool wasn't sure that you were running their setup. Thanks

Comment

Yea I'm running kassels box. Even with a 944 booster it's still a right fit. It would need to be at least 2-3 inches smaller to fit the box without modifying it. Maybe more

Comment

I'm looking at the same delimea right now. From what I heard you can shift the booster over slightly.

How is the Kassel box, I read mixed reviews and I am wondering how much it affects airflow with that much customization.
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Does anyone have a 2002 booster on a S54 E30 to measure?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              I'm looking at the same delimea right now. From what I heard you can shift the booster over slightly.

How is the Kassel box, I read mixed reviews and I am wondering how much it affects airflow with that much customization.
                              Its not bad quality. It looks like crap with a corner cut off and epoxied back together but there is no way around that. Typically yes you could drill new holes and shift it over but I still don't think it would give you enough room for a stock airbox. Unfortunatly mine is RHD and the braking set up behind the dash did not give me this option.

Comment

Working...
                              X