This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharia protests

"March Against Sharia" participants said the Islamic moral code is a threat to U.S. society and women's rights. Counter-protesters accused them of racism and Islamophobia.

I think we've reached peak stupid in this country. Or have we?

1% of the population of this country is Muslim and only a fraction of those people even have sympathy for Sharia law much less practice it. And anyone who practices it does it in secret as it is very much against the law and the Constitution. So we are talking about maybe a few thousand people in this country that practice Sharia lite?

So what are these protestors afraid of? Why even leave the house if you live in this much fear? If you're wasting a sunny Saturday afternoon protesting a non-issue like Sharia law, you are a FOOL.

What would that make one who takes the time out of their day to write a post about someone taking time to protest?

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
      What would that make one who takes the time out of their day to write a post about someone taking time to protest?
      I dunno, what about someone who takes time out of their day to write a post about someone writing a post about someone taking time to protest?

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
        http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...nd-the-country

I think we've reached peak stupid in this country. Or have we?

1% of the population of this country is Muslim and only a fraction of those people even have sympathy for Sharia law much less practice it. And anyone who practices it does it in secret as it is very much against the law and the Constitution. So we are talking about maybe a few thousand people in this country that practice Sharia lite?

So what are these protestors afraid of? Why even leave the house if you live in this much fear? If you're wasting a sunny Saturday afternoon protesting a non-issue like Sharia law, you are a FOOL.

I agree wholeheartedly. They branded this as being against "Sharia Law" when Muslims have next to no influence in the lawmaking process within this country, and especially not in most of the places these demonstrations occurred. This whole thing is nothing but more thinly-veiled racist fear-mongering perpetrated by far-right Christian supremacists, worried about the power they will lose from their religion's diminishing relevance/influence and emboldened by a new extremist government. I am no supporter of Abrahamic religion as a whole, but I had intended to counter-protest anyway except I thought it was next weekend, I've had my weeks screwed up all month for some reason. Fortunately they didn't need me, there were far more counter-protesters than there were white/Christian supremacists, even according to the heavily right-biased local newspaper.

It came off as particularly laughable that they chose to do their march in my town specifically, as opposed to some other part of the city, because I really never see people here who appear to be Muslim or of middle-eastern decent, ever, there's not even a lot of black people. I only think they choose here out of convenience since there seems to be a concentration of wealthy white Republicans on this more-rural side of town, and because as a small, distant military suburb they don't expect as much resistance and confrontation from counter-protesters as they would if they were actually in the city. They did some other pro-Trump rally in the same place a couple months back that I missed out on. If they do another, I won't miss it.

At least we all got a good laugh out of the "TRUMP VINDICATED BEST PRESIDENT EVER" airplane banner being flown over the beach. These people are delusional, Christian influence on American law is a much more significant and damaging problem.

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post

Because sometimes adults want to talk about what is going on in the world around them? Why are you coming in here being so combative when you apparently have nothing to add to the conversation?
        sigpic
        1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

There is some portion of humanity that seems to embrace fear as a way of life, not so much for political influence, but perhaps as a way to add excitement to what would otherwise be as simple and peaceful a life as most anyone has a right to expect.

In a more simplistic way, I think these people may just be drama queens, causing trouble for the mere pleasure of creating a stir and causing others to focus on them. Yes, some of the group leaders may believe their ideas, but they have a limited capacity to get rational humans to follow them, and are not much of a threat to our country.

Yet the second someone does a burnout or really speeds on the highway they're dangerous thrill seekers, which just resets to step one in this process.

Comment

Same type of people who think that Christianity is 'under attack'. By people not wanting Christian Religious icons all over every government building.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

I dunno, what about someone who takes time out of their day to write a post about someone writing a post about someone taking time to protest?

Ha ha Im not the one calling people FOOLS for spending their time how they see fit.... Irony much?

So sorry for the combative questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
                I agree wholeheartedly. They branded this as being against "Sharia Law" when Muslims have next to no influence in the lawmaking process within this country, and especially not in most of the places these demonstrations occurred. This whole thing is nothing but more thinly-veiled racist fear-mongering perpetrated by far-right Christian supremacists, worried about the power they will lose from their religion's diminishing relevance/influence and emboldened by a new extremist government. I am no supporter of Abrahamic religion as a whole, but I had intended to counter-protest anyway except I thought it was next weekend, I've had my weeks screwed up all month for some reason. Fortunately they didn't need me, there were far more counter-protesters than there were white/Christian supremacists, even according to the heavily right-biased local newspaper.

It came off as particularly laughable that they chose to do their march in my town specifically, as opposed to some other part of the city, because I really never see people here who appear to be Muslim or of middle-eastern decent, ever, there's not even a lot of black people. I only think they choose here out of convenience since there seems to be a concentration of wealthy white Republicans on this more-rural side of town, and because as a small, distant military suburb they don't expect as much resistance and confrontation from counter-protesters as they would if they were actually in the city. They did some other pro-Trump rally in the same place a couple months back that I missed out on. If they do another, I won't miss it.

At least we all got a good laugh out of the "TRUMP VINDICATED BEST PRESIDENT EVER" airplane banner being flown over the beach. These people are delusional, Christian influence on American law is a much more significant and damaging problem.

Because sometimes adults want to talk about what is going on in the world around them? Why are you coming in here being so combative when you apparently have nothing to add to the conversation?
                Your very first claim of musselmen having no influence on lawmaking is absolutely false. Jihad of the pen is real.

Other regulations, protocol, et. al. are just small steps. For instance, inclusion in the textbooks of elementary schools.

America keeps time with a stopwatch. Mohammedeans have been at this for 1400 years.
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                  Your very first claim of musselmen having no influence on lawmaking is absolutely false. Jihad of the pen is real.

Other regulations, protocol, et. al. are just small steps. For instance, inclusion in the textbooks of elementary schools.

America keeps time with a stopwatch. Mohammedeans have been at this for 1400 years.
                  What are you objecting to in textbooks? Have examples to share?

Muslims exist, in profusion in some areas, and we should include them in our culture, not make them feel unwelcome. They will mostly sort out their own troublemakers.

On another note, I wonder why Mohammedan fell out of use, as it's just as accurate/inaccurate as calling someone Christian?

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                    For instance, inclusion in the textbooks of elementary schools.
                    You mean like the religious unit where you learn that Islam is a thing and Mecca is it's holiest city? Are you really against merely learning these things? No wonder these people are protesting Islam, they don't have a single clue what it even is.

Comment

I agree with everything roguetoaster said and I like his name.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      On another note, I wonder why Mohammedan fell out of use, as it's just as accurate/inaccurate as calling someone Christian?
                      Idols and the worship of anything/anyone other than God is prohibited in Islam - even prophets.
                      So, from what I understand, to use Mohammedan can come off as idolization to modern Muslims.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        What are you objecting to in textbooks? Have examples to share?

Muslims exist, in profusion in some areas, and we should include them in our culture, not make them feel unwelcome. They will mostly sort out their own troublemakers.

Well, I can only get you started. First searching, Michelle Edmisten. Dig in deep to see CAIR workings.

Why change the name? To help reshape history. Control the language, control the narrative. If you search "muslim" you wont see historic references. See what former presidents knew and said....

Comment

You mean like the religious unit where you learn that Islam is a thing and Mecca is it's holiest city? Are you really against merely learning these things? No wonder these people are protesting Islam, they don't have a single clue what it even is.
                          I am reading through the Sunnah. Just after studying the Hadith. The whopper, quaran, will be next.

You?

The trouble is not letting one know about these things... the real trouble is in its presentation. Many here struggle with truth... I have been involved in many instances, courtroom and depositions for instance, where just a little bit of "knowledge" was a big problem.

Search about CAIR and a HB1418, for instance.

And you need to know your audience.... folks tell kids Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy... they believe it!

There are many councils, panels who have one very real purpose... seek it out. It is islam. Definition of islam? submission.. that is control.

For such strong people, of such intestinal fortitude and marvelous morals and liberal views... funny we want to pigeon hole kids with a heavy yoke or think it is OK to do so to others...

Riddle me this? Why in some of the world's most arid of areas, the ME, does a political system call for women to be head to toe in BLACK garb, yet get a pass on female inequality and womens rights?

I just asked Alexa, "what is the temperature today in Mecca?" 111F, clear skies, sun.
                          Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 06-12-2017, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Islam is 100% incompatible with western culture. Every ideology that does not align with the basic premise of western culture, should not be permitted in a country that is western.

There you go libs, have some fun with that.
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Ever been to Dearborn Michigan lately? Yes while their population here is low, we can simply look to europe and see how it's changing very quickly. There are areas of England that Muslims have turned into Muslim only, if a white person drives in that area they are chased out. While this might sound similar to say the south side of Chicago, the big difference is that the Muslims moved there and weren't set up with cheap ass housing and no real way to get out like low income blacks were in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Then there is the whole thing about non believers, yes it's true that a majority would never do anything and do say that. But how many agree and sympathize with the extremists?

Comment

Working...
                              X