Seat installation methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat installation methods

Hey guys. Looking to tap into the wisodm of my fellow R3Vers who have installed fixed back seats in their e30.

I picked up a used sparco pro 2000 and evo 2 this past weekend. They did not come with side mounts or floor mounts. Now my question is, whats the best course of action to get these in my car? -Sparco calls for the base, slider, and side mounts.
    -VAC makes a really nice set of floor mount adaptors with sliders and side mounts. I can also use their adaptors for my 6pt gforce harness.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm also wondering what the best way to put the belts in would be. Mount to the seat adaptors, drill holes in the floor, or maybe some other method?

Thanks in advance for any help!

We used to make our own custom base mount for customers but takes a lot of labor to get a perfect fitment. I started using VAC floor mounts and will never look back. Just get some newer style sparco side mounts and your good to go.

Evo2 is a wide seat and don't have much room to move around. VAC floor mount will make it very easy for you with or without sliders.
    JMP Autowerkz
    7349 Canby Ave.
    Reseda, CA 91335
    www.jmpauto.com

Comment

The Massive Lee setup is nice. Well made and many different settings. No sliders for me. The floor mount with side mounts is what I bought from him: http://www.massivebrakes.com/accesso...e30_floormount

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
      Instagram:
      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
      LS Build Thread:
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by JMPAuto View Post
        We used to make our own custom base mount for customers but takes a lot of labor to get a perfect fitment. I started using VAC floor mounts and will never look back. Just get some newer style sparco side mounts and your good to go.

Evo2 is a wide seat and don't have much room to move around. VAC floor mount will make it very easy for you with or without sliders.
        I am beginning to think that VAC is the way to go. I esp like their anti sub and lap belt mounts. It seems to make belt install a ton easier AND I won't have to keep drilling holes in my car.

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
        The Massive Lee setup is nice. Well made and many different settings. No sliders for me. The floor mount with side mounts is what I bought from him: http://www.massivebrakes.com/accesso...e30_floormount
        Could you use these with sliders? Or do you think there is enough forward adjustment built into the base brackets? I'm kind of short haha

Comment

I went the VAC route. Very nice products, I also used the antisub mount. My mounting points for belts may not be exactly what you'd use in a competition car, but my car only really see's autocross days.

sigpic
          1991 318is S52
          1987 325i Vert
          1991 325i
          2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Im using (Bottom to top):
            Sparco floor Mount
            Sliders
            Side Mounts

Comment

Has anyone used the Massive setup that utilizes the OEM sliders in a car with door bars?

Comment

I actually ended up buying the garagistic floor mounts and the motion motorsports side mounts. I did buy the sparco dual locking sliders too. Thanks for all of the input everyone. Can anyone give me an idea of where to mount lap belts for my 6pt harness? I have seen a lot of different methods.

Comment

As for where to mount the belts, I always integrate mine into the seat mount. but some people like to go through the floor. if you go through the floor, and have sliders, you can get a bit more tension on the belts by sliding the seat forward.

Comment

We're trying to use OMP's low side mounts - great deal @ $69. I'll post up how it turns out. We want the seat as low as possible to clear the roll cage with tall drivers, so no slider in the stack.

Comment

Originally posted by DTFE30 View Post
                      I actually ended up buying the garagistic floor mounts and the motion motorsports side mounts. I did buy the sparco dual locking sliders too. Thanks for all of the input everyone. Can anyone give me an idea of where to mount lap belts for my 6pt harness? I have seen a lot of different methods.
                      We will also have the side mounts up sometime this month. For those interested in the setup DTFE30 is talking about, they can be found here:

Hope you liked them!

Comment

Originally posted by mavrikno13764 View Post
                        Im using (Bottom to top):
                        Sparco floor Mount
                        Sliders
                        Side Mounts
                        How does this setup compare to OE seats in terms of height? I have a Sparco floor mount/side mount/ Evo 2 ready to install, but I am considering purchasing the slider too if it doesnt sit too high.

Comment

Not sure how to put it but I have my front seat reversed raked.

Front is on the top of three settings and on the bottom in the rear.

I am 5'6" and I have no problems. My friends are 6' + and have no problems driving my car as well. But they do slide it all the way back because they have longer legs.

Comment

Update: If it fits, I sits.

Works, it is tight but $69-75 beats $290 for the VAC Motorsports one if you're doing LeMons. (Note, installed in a teammate's non-LeMony car)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X