X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Did it help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very effective, perhaps too well - its hard to get up to temp on track sometimes. We also have made the enclosure to the radiator air tight.

Comment

That's awesome! I've experienced high temps on track, and have been thinking of doing a hood vent. This year I'm doing an electric water pump a better electric fan, and better sealing of the radiator in the front. If temps still climb, I'll get a vented hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Electric fan won't do anything at speed. The most critical item on your list is the last one. Make sure you have good airflow into the rad, remember that any gaps will reduce efficiency as the air is searching for the easiest way through....which is typically the big gap right beside your rad or over/under it. On our Chump we just kept all the stock front rubber/plastics to direct air straight in, have a chin spoiler that wraps under the rad, and some louvers directly behind the rad, and didn't have any issues with overheating during 24hr race at Homestead.....while the water pump impeller was attached to the shaft. Yay for new parts failing with 29hrs on them.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
        X