quick release vs regular hub adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick release vs regular hub adapter

Just looking for opinions/experiences with quick release vs fixed steering couplers. Any thoughts on specific brands for momo steering wheels and pros and cons of each style of adapter? Also, any recommendations as to certain ones? Thanks in advance.
    Quick release
    20.00%
    Fixed
    80.00%

Well, most QR hubs have some amount of free play in them, and that can be annoying sometimes...
    I put one on the E30 race car, and honestly, I just use it as a locking system, not as
    an aid to getting into and out of the car. I don't like the play in the paddock, but don't
    notice it on track.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I have a Momo hub with an old Momo wheel and I've been nothing but pleased with it.

Don't see the point of QR for a street car. Added complexity for questionable benefit.
      1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

I don't see the need for a quick release unless you're going for cool kid points. A Momo fixed hub will do you fine. I'm gonna end up swapping out my airbag wheel for a nicer Momo soon.
        "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
        The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

QR is fine if you plan on taking your steering wheel everywhere. Will help your car from being stolen. Kind of pointless though.

Your money, your car...beware the slippery slope of pointless mods.
          sigpic
          Gun control means using both hands
          Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I forgot to add this is only a weekend toy/summer driver spec e30 clone. It's waaaay too loud inside to drive every day due to how hard all the mounts are. The theft deterrent is really the only reason why I was thinking about it, other than making it a bit easier to work under the dash. The car no longer has power steering so unless they have a matching hub there is no way a set of vice grips is going to allow them to drive off with it.
            Last edited by red318is; 03-18-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Just purchased a momo wheel/fixed hub. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X