No announcement yet.

Custom Made Wood Shift Knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nardi has several different stains that I've noticed. I've been trying to get a hold a lighter color steering wheel locally to try to match stains. So far, no luck.

Comment

Here is a pic of my wheel, I'm just hoping to get sort of close. They are far enough apart to not matter much.

Yeah, the center needs to be refinished.
      My Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nygdup View Post
        Nardi has several different stains that I've noticed. I've been trying to get a hold a lighter color steering wheel locally to try to match stains. So far, no luck.

I've got one you can fondle for a little bit. Let me know.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Definitely interested in a knob/e brake handle combo to match my grip royal wheel. Keep me posted on development of e30 e brake handles
          Slowly building my 325es...

Comment

This is much better than spending $80 on a standard leather wrapped knob. I'd be interested in a knob and e brake set to match my nardi wheel. I just need to figure out a shape. I'll be in touch with you soon. Let us know when you have the ebrake handles ready!

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
            http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
              I've got one you can fondle for a little bit. Let me know.
              I'd love to borrow it. Shoot me a PM with some contact info.

Originally posted by zinnoberrot_325es View Post
              Definitely interested in a knob/e brake handle combo to match my grip royal wheel. Keep me posted on development of e30 e brake handles
              Will do!

Originally posted by mohamed... View Post
              This is much better than spending $80 on a standard leather wrapped knob. I'd be interested in a knob and e brake set to match my nardi wheel. I just need to figure out a shape. I'll be in touch with you soon. Let us know when you have the ebrake handles ready!
              Will do!

Comment

Got this a while back came in the mail really fast and the quality is amazing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364602570779.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	7153179

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                sigpic

Comment

Can you get a super high gloss like this?
                  just wondering.
                  Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
                  You what might look extra sweet? A wood knob with a roundel worked it and lacquered over so as to look seamless. Kind of like this:

It couldn't be cheap but it looks awesome to me and I'm not really a wood knob/steering wheel fan.

Comment

I have not yet been able to get one super high gloss quite like that.

Comment

6 inch tall of laminated woods. $75.00. I have more laminate wood in stock right now if folks want to custom order something.

Comment

Hey how do you suggest puting these on I glued it originally but the mechanic shop pulled it off to work on the bushing and I thought there has to be a better way to put this on
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey buddy shoot me a PM interested in some prices for a knob!!

Comment

If you want something like the Jag knob, you can dip it in Famawood. Its a two part epoxy glaze that is used for bar tops. I used it on top of my cornhole boards. I'd mix a little bit and let it set up for a couple minute then dip the knob in it, flip over and set it somewhere to dry. Been meaning to try this for a while but don't have a knob worthy. You can get the stuff at lowes. It can lay on up to an 1/8 thick coating so it would be perfect to make a seamless junction over a roundel

You can see the gloss here

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34_spangler View Post
                              Hey how do you suggest puting these on I glued it originally but the mechanic shop pulled it off to work on the bushing and I thought there has to be a better way to put this on
                              I've been using electrical tape on mine. Just enough to take up the voided space, but not too much to crack the wood.

Originally posted by 360e30 View Post
                              Hey buddy shoot me a PM interested in some prices for a knob!!
                              PM coming.

Comment

Hi Nygdup, do you still make the shift knobs? I'm interested in one, also wondering if you could recess the top for the shift pattern insert to be fitted into flush. Have you figured out a good way to mount these securely?

They look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X