Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disco
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Disco
      If you want near constant repairs.

Comment

If you plan on off-roading/4wheeling the XJ no question. If your just driving it around on the street the ZJ is fancier/more confortable.

Comment

Disco
          Lol oh sleeve you fucking joker you

Comment

Well we are discussing a late 80's designed Chrysler poduct, I just assumed always broken was part of the criteria. Besides I would rather be caught pushing a rover than driving a jeep anyway
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Xc90
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

lol even in 4wd. That thing would not go across my wet lawn

William Pitt-

Comment

lol even in 4wd. That thing would not go across my wet lawn
                  sounds like X5

Comment

ZJ 5.2 Limited. Nicer than the XJ in every way possible.

Comment

It's the E30 vs E36 debate, can't really go wrong with either if you get a good one...just gotta know what you're getting into.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                        It's the E30 vs E36 debate, can't really go wrong with either if you get a good one...just gotta know what you're getting into.
                        Can't really argue with this too much.
                        Instagram
                        sigpic
                        Current: 99 M3
                        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Zj transmissions suck ass. They are fine vehicles but the XJ has a much better transmission. This is my DD in shitty weather and winter. It's driven 3200 miles round trip to Moab and back with only a broken shock mount. 50k miles and almost 5 years and the only thing I've dune is tune ups, wear items, cooling system and power steering pump.......and a shit load of upgrades obviously.98 limited are the ZJ to have if you're getting into one! 97-99 is the range you want. 99 being the best year because it has the updated intake and high pinion axle. 00-01 has issues with the head cracking due to the 0331 head being cast poorly.

Last edited by FlexdXJ; 08-07-2014, 02:56 PM.
                          Originally posted by Roysneon
                          I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

If you consider an XJ, check that the heater works - both for blowing hot air, and through proper vents at high fan speed. Heater cores are notorious for clogging, leaving you with what feels like a hampster blowing over a candle for "hot" air.

I enjoyed mine - '99 Classic with NP242 transfer case, a set of 235 General Grabbers. Rockers rust out, rear shock and spring mounts/bolts are likely corroded solid. In the 2 years I owned it, and ~30,000 miles my replacement list was:

-Fuel pump
                            -Fuel pressure regulator
                            -Cooling system(water pump, thermostat, cooling fan, hoses, radiator)
                            -All 4 shocks
                            -Every front suspension link and bushing
                            -Rocker panels
                            -Foglight switch(es) - Multiple times
                            -Foglights
                            -Headlights (Stock lights may as well not even be present they are so bad)
                            -Front axle u-joints
                            -The A/C sucked

The heat hardly worked properly, and I had no interest in pulling the dashboard to get to the stupid heater box. The 4wd was flawless, and with good tires was unstoppable. Sagging rear springs sucked, and it rode like a brick with anything more than 2 passengers in it... Lack of rear headrests kind of sucked for safety reasons, and the non-split bench seat in the back was lame.

I'll be replacing it with a 4-Runner.

Below the radar...

Comment

Working...
                            X