Need advice on crew cab truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Family friend picked up a 1999 Yukon Denali, I think it rides/handles like a boat full of fish.
    Boat full of fish sounds like a good time.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    take it form me get look for the gmt800's (2001-2006) the you get the 5.3, opposed to the reliable yet antiquated 350. and a much much better chassis and ride out of them, they have a much more car like ride vs the more truck like of the GMT-400's, the interior are a little more pleasing though all plastic.

. We still have a 99, and while its good for what we do with it, (winter beater/back country bomber status) I would spend a little more money and get something just a tad bit newer. Mostly anything your going to find is going to need about 600 bucks and weekend of your time, to put a front end under it, prolly will need shocks, other wise they are solid though very truck like
    Thanks sleeve, mirrors what I've been reading on other forums. GMT800 it is.

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
    My parents have a 2002 Tahoe. Been a great truck. Has 300k miles on it and the 5.3L is still running strong.

Honestly rides better than my grandparents 2010 Tahoe. Granted theirs have lower profile tires.

We tow anything from boats to snowmobile trailers with it and it does well. Hauled my e30 on a car hauler from Maine back to Michigan no problem.

Wouldn't hesitate to pick one up for myself if I didn't have free access to theirs already lol
    Nice!

Comment

Well I've decided to buy a 2001 Suburban from my older brother. He's had it since 2003 and kept it well maintained. Can't complain about the family discount either! Has a rear main seal leak, so if I get frisky I might drop the trans and fix it, or just wait until the 4l60e inevitably takes a shit and fix it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Family friend picked up a 1999 Yukon Denali, I think it rides/handles like a boat full of fish.

So amazingly!

Comment

Working...
        X