No announcement yet.

'70 2002 widebody & M10 turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin is attacking the rats nest of the wiring... Brave man. I'll be there again in a month and hopefully I will have this mess of wiring also sorted out.

His mess:

My mess:
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This is super exciting Simon! Good shit
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
      LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
        This is super exciting Simon! Good shit
        Thanks Ryan! I think our fitment was good in the front, but I know he wants spacers for the rear.

Tires have been purchased and mounted.

Fr 225/45/15 R888
        Rr 245/40/15 Avon ZZS

It looks dope! Not exactly era correct with the wheel selection, but dayum it looks great
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Some inspirational shit in here. Love the dedication to the projects, Simon. Alot more than I can say about my projects..lol
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Some inspirational shit in here. Love the dedication to the projects, Simon. Alot more than I can say about my projects..lol
            Sup Paolo,

Its more my cousin than me. He's 300 miles away from me so I help how I can. I did a lot more when I had free time, but we're still plugging away at it while we can. We're in that horrible 90% done 90% to go phase

How many projects do you have going on?? I figured you just work on the 2002 when you wanted to get away from the lady
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Haha, nah man. Life's been really good lately, just havn't been carving out "big chunks" of time to get things done. At that point where i've accepted it's going it's own pace and it'll get there eventually!

Just the 2002, been working on getting the iX back up to 100% - she really needs some love but has been as reliable as ever, and then the E46 that I can't seem to let go of..
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Thanks Ryan! I think our fitment was good in the front, but I know he wants spacers for the rear.

Tires have been purchased and mounted.

Fr 225/45/15 R888
                Rr 245/40/15 Avon ZZS

It looks dope! Not exactly era correct with the wheel selection, but dayum it looks great

nice! Just let me know when you are ready
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                  nice! Just let me know when you are ready
                  definitely! Im a big fan of your stuff, so we'll definitely be hitting you up :up:
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

***cross post from the specific "help me!" thread***

Here's a better picture of the board:

So I'm a little closer to finalizing this and want to make sure I'm ready when I see my cousin next weekend. I won't have much time so I want to be sure when I'm there.

I wrote the items down that are on the board and I know that the injectors are batch fired, which is why the injectors are listed as pairs of 1&2 but I'm not sure which way to pair them. 1&3, 2&4?

Then there's the other stuff, not sure exactly what connects to them

FP & FP idle. Fuel pressure?

Then there's S1-S5, spark plugs?

Vref?

Tach. Sort of self explanatory, blue wire from the alternator?

MAT & MAT Ret? Crank position?

O2. single wire from the O2? Confused about this?

And finally there's the 3 spots that seem to have been soldered on:

Engine ground
                    Switched 12v
                    12v battery

Not sure where to tap into the last 3

Any help is appreciated, I feel like that map I had from a while ago would be helpful but I can't find it
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

tach is not blue wire from the alt. that is the alt exciter wire. you need a resistor and +12v on it to get the alt to kick on.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

VREF - Reference voltage. Hook this to the 5v wire on your TPS, which will have three wires = GRND, SIGNAL, and 5V.
                        FP - Fuel pump. Goes to the relay.
                        MAT - Manifold air temperature sensor.

For the switched 12v, make sure it connects to a wire that is hot/live while the car is cranking as well. For example, the radio (I think) turns off when you try to crank the car.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Since it's batch fire, I don't think it makes a difference. The injectors will fire twice every engine cycle, either alternating or simultaneous.
                          Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            tach is not blue wire from the alt. that is the alt exciter wire. you need a resistor and +12v on it to get the alt to kick on.
                            this sounds scary to me. I will need more help with this kind of stuff

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                            VREF - Reference voltage. Hook this to the 5v wire on your TPS, which will have three wires = GRND, SIGNAL, and 5V.
                            FP - Fuel pump. Goes to the relay.
                            MAT - Manifold air temperature sensor.

For the switched 12v, make sure it connects to a wire that is hot/live while the car is cranking as well. For example, the radio (I think) turns off when you try to crank the car.
                            Awesome, I was cleaning up last night after posting this and found the other connector that goes to the Throttle Body and it had 3 wires! So that answers the question on those 3 wires!

I labeled one of the connectors IAT (Intake Air Temp), its two wires so those will go to the MAT... getting closer!

The car was originally carburated so the whole fuel pump thing will be fun, part of the kronus grab bag included a M42 in-tank pump which will need to get wired up as well. Again, this stuff scares me. Probably the reason my EE father thinks Im a disappointment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
                            Since it's batch fire, I don't think it makes a difference. The injectors will fire twice every engine cycle, either alternating or simultaneous.
                            Awesome, thank you
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

this project isn't dead ! Our biggest problems now are still finishing the megasquirt, and the other major thing is the intake plumbing from the turbo to the intercooler and then to the throttle body and then the downpipe and exhaust. We haven't had any luck finding help and I was almost ready to have him tow down here to have Le Tran and 2002 garageworks finish it, but I got lucky and found a spot in Fremont. So now we only have to get it towed around 100 miles instead of 300.

He isn't really happy with how it's sitting so he took it upon himself to buy some spacers (sorry Motorsport Hardware)

Anyways here's some pics

And he also got a new fusebox
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

'70 2002 widebody & M10 turbo project

Only took 3 months to get a solid update but progress is happening

They didn't like the turbo setup so now we have a GT28 along with a bunch of other goodies we needed. It's going to be something when it's done!

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X