Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNW FS: 89 coupe, 24V, coilovers, M3 interior, repainted

********CAR IS NOW SOLD***********

After 8 years of E30 ownership I'm finally getting out of E30s. This is my fourth E30 and I planned to own this car for a long time but at this point in my life its not the best car for me. My first child is on the way and id rather have a car that can transport the whole family. The car will also come with all of my E30 spare parts and extras.

This car started its life as a lachssilber automatic 325i with a black vinyl comfort interior. I purchased the car In March of 2010 with 167k miles on the odo, at the time it already had the M50 in and running and the car had been repainted, but was otherwise stock. The paint on the car now is actually the second repaint, the first was an green/blue and the second repaint was done in BMW Sterling gray metallic (472). Sterling gray metallic is pretty similar to Lachs so you cant tell that the engine bay and trunk are a different color unless your really looking.

Engine:
    -M50B25NV – I was told it had 110k when I bought the car so it should be around 123k now.
    -Ebay stainless steel headers
    -Shaved M20 flywheel with an M20 clutch.
    -M42 radiator with just the aux fan connected to a switch on the dash. I have a 16” spal pusher that will be included.
    -New water pump
    -New thermostat

Drivetrain:
    -G260 5spd transmission
    -New OEM guibo
    -New OEM CSB
    -Rebuilt 3 clutch 3.73 LSD – I used 3 new OEM BMW clutches, 3 new Porsche 2.1mm dog ears and had the spider gear carriers resurfaced where the clutch disks ride on them.

Body:
    -Odometer currently reads 179k and I believe it to be accurate.
    -Polished and waxed just a couple weeks ago, the paint is very shiny.
    -'is side skirts
    -'is front lip
    -'is trunk spoiler
    -New inner and outer window seals on both doors
    -New window seal on drivers door
    -New drivers door lock cylinder (I reassembled and re-keyed the passenger door and glove box locks at the same time)
    -No rust

Interior:
    -Front sport seats and E30 M3 rear seats have been completely reupholstered in black mircofiber with a kit from Creative options.
    -Both front seats are heated with aftermarket seat heaters from heatedseats.com
    -Replaced Dashboard with an unfortunately nearly crack free dash. There are two small cracks starting to form at the windscreen.
    -Re dyed rear parcel shelf
    -Full set of speakers and tweeters from a premium audio car wired directly to the HU. Fader wiring has been deleted and there never was a factory amp in this car.

Suspension and steering:
    -E36 steering rack swap with power steering.
    -Bilstein sport struts front and rear
    -New HD rear shock mounts
    -Cosmo coil over springs and andjustable perches 8kg/mm front 10kg/mm rear rates. The front and rear both can come down quite a bit from what the pictures show if that is your style.
    -Cosmo camber plates
    -New Lemforder control arms
    -New outer tie rod ends
    -New OEM M3 offset control arm bushings
    -New OEM rear trailing arm bushings
    -New OEM rear subframe bushings
    -Modified rear subframe with eccentric bolts for camber and toe correction. Rear end aligned out perfectly and tire wear is great.
    -New Brembo Blanks (13k miles ago)
    -New Brake pads (13k miles ago)

Wheels and tires:
    -15x7 et25 4x100 57.1cb aluminum wheels. I bought them off craigslist and had them professionally straightened by skips wheel works and powder coated at my work.
    -205/50/15 Dunlop Z1 star specs with 2/3 tread remaining.

Known problems:
    -It has a rough idle I believe to be from a fault in the MAF wiring. Unplugging the MAF seems to make no difference in how the car idles. When driving the car runs fine.
    -Drivers window was falling off the track so I came up with a band-aid fix. The window operates normally but if I were to keep the car I would do a proper fix.
    -No AC compressor or condenser.
    -Washer resivior and pump deleted.
    -CEL on dash, Oil level sensor and coolant sensor are not hooked up.
    -Exhaust is a little loud and doesnt sound very good, the muffler is rusted and rattles at times and I doubt that the cat is functioning properly.
    -It has a slow oil leak, probably 2-4 drops come out when its parked after being driven. I think its coming from the valve cover above cylinder 6.
    -The sunroof headliner is torn and is not currently installed. The sunroof doesn't move as smoothly as it should and its best to help guide it with your hand when opening and closing, I think the gearbox is missing some teeth off the gears. The sunroof rails were broken when I bought the car so I replaced them with good rails but it seems that broken rails was a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself.

Extras:
    -I started collecting parts to convert the car to vanos. I have the vanos unit, intake cam, valve cover, oil filter housing, harmonic balancer, knock and crank position sensors, 413 ECU and some other parts. All that missing for the vanos conversion is the oil line from the oil filter housing to the vanos unit and the wiring harness. I have complete harness but its cut through about 20 wires and I didnt feel like splicing it back together.
    -16” spal pusher fan.
    -Einstein E46 style keyless entry system.
    -2 spare wheels/tires, one is a basketweave and the other is a bottlecap.
    -3 17x7 et37 OZ superleggera wheels. The ones I have listed here http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183046
    -lots of other miscellaneous parts, tan vinyl back seat, OBD2 24v Harness, lots of interior plastics, extra lollipops, set of brake calipers, 3 tail lights, coffee can full of nuts, bolts and other clips and fasteners left over from parting an E30, sealed beam headlights, blacked out kidneys, extra speakers, left over sport seat parts, 4 spoke steering wheel, and lots of other stuff too.

I'm looking to get $6900 OBO for the car.

I might be interested in trading for a sedan of some kind, the wife wants an automatic E46 sedan with sport package and I've been thinking about getting E39 M5 for myself. I can add cash as necessary.

Last edited by LivingLegend06; 01-22-2015, 11:28 PM.

Awesome car! Price seems about right to me too

Comment

Price seems very reasonable.

Comment

Nice and price seems fair for the condition.

Comment

You're not going to like this decision later... If there is any way to purchase the wife a family oriented car and hold onto this as your personal toy, do it. You'll thank yourself later.

Comment

a really clean car for the price, sir. i LOVE that interior! can i ask where you got the ebrake boot? sooo much cleaner than the accordian. GLWS!

Comment

What a great looking car, nice price too. The interior looks amazing!
              Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Thanks for positive feedback guys.

The ebrake boot came from Mattb back when he was selling shift and ebrake boots, its not a high quality material and is already fading from the sun. I also have a matching shift boot that will come with the car, and also a couple of the stock accordion style ebrake boots.

We will also be selling my wife's car for a family car but I would like to be able to do things with our son without leaving her stranded at home (she cant drive stick so all the other cars are useless to her).
                Last edited by LivingLegend06; 12-03-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LivingLegend06 View Post
                  Thanks for positive feedback guys.

The ebrake boot came from Mattb back when he was selling shift and ebrake boots, its not a high quality material and is already fading from the sun. I also have a matching shift boot that will come with the car, and also a couple of the stock accordion style ebrake boots.

We will also be selling my wife's car for a family car but I would like to be able to do things with our son without leaving her stranded at home (she cant drive stick so all the other cars are useless to her).

My wife couldn't drive stick either... Until I taught her. 😀 I know that probably won't change your mind, but figured it was worth a shot. E30's just feel so right and easy to drive and clean ones are becoming so hard to find (east coast guy talking). Good luck with sale; nice car for fair price.

Comment

Clean car. GLWS

Comment

So clean! Love the paint! Glws

Comment

GLWS should not last long....
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

if you still have it in a month maybe we talk buisness
                          my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

nice - that interior looks amazing!

should go quick!
                            91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                            ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Bump to the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X