Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOW PENDING--FS: very sexy 1991 E30 M52/S52 cams, OBD1, E46 M3 6MT, BBK & MORE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a buyer on the hook for the RX8 hopefully it is sold in the next week.

Ram - Your E30 stacks up very nice, especially against my sons E30, my buddies M3? Well, his is pristine, it also still has the S14 and it has been massaged over very tastefully. It puts 210 to the wheels. BUT - His suspension is bone stock and it really shows in the mountains.

rturbo- I sold the RX7 2 years ago, I sometimes miss it, but like Ram, I was tired of constantly chasing problems, then wonder not if but when the engine will let go again and cost me $$$. Plus I nearly killed myself in it a couple of times (the new owner says he has done the same) it was too much car for the street. It was perfect for the track, except track days ate engines.

The RX8 was a VERY nice compromise and I am hoping to spend some bucks on the E30 right off the bat and get is sorted out so it can be a fun car to enjoy. I have no problem with little issues like sunroof or bumper paint peeling or fog lights not working. The RX7 had a couple of cooling fan failures that gave me a heart attack because the engine in there was a 10K engine. I never wanted to rebuild that engine again.

So once I get my mits on this E30 and get it sorted and used to it, plans are already being made to supercharge it. :mrgreen: In about a year, I will be on here some (I am working insane hours right now) to gather info / learn / and gather parts to do this Supercharger proper. My son will assist because he wants to do the same to his.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Glad to see my car still running strong. When I found that car it was barly a shell.

Comment

Car is officially sold. Could not have gone to a better buyer, and I'm thrilled to know he has the time to pick up where I left off and get it to its ultimate potential. Plus its semi-local so there's a chance when I eventually get a newer car worthy of the occasional DE I'll see it there (and probably from behind, Jim is a good driver). I'll updated title now.
        E30 M52B28

Comment

Thank you for the kind words sir.

I think I have already spent close to a grand on this car in parts and I have not had it a week.

A Mason Engineering strut bar is on its way. Also to make the wife happy a custom cup holder that is made to order from a guy on here has been ordered.

I just purchased a shit ton of preventative maintenance stuff, oil filters, spark plugs, cabin filter (have you ever changed that?) and so on.

Planning on hard wiring in the V1 this weekend and bought a keyless remote for it too that I have to tap into the wiring in the trunk to get up and running.

As mentioned in an email gonna swap out that that synthetic diff fluid and put good old dinosaur oil in it see if that makes it happy.

Thanks again Ramm, you are a good guy that loved his car, I have never seen records so meticulous as yours, ever even the 23K Porsche 911 I purchased from a Professor was not this detailed and organized, he just threw 3 large folders at me and said if you add it up do not tell me I am pretty sure it is over 60K in there.

This car disease, no AA for us, a raging crack addiction would be cheaper.
          Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I know I never did the cabin filter, that's a good idea to do.

I did the spark plugs very recently and have done very little mileage since the change- look through the records and see when I bought them. It's gotta be within the last 2 years and super little use since then.

The car originally had a strut bar, and I had to sell it after getting the camber plates because it didn't work with them. Looks like the one you ordered does.
            E30 M52B28

Comment

..... and add another $250 to that total above...

I noticed the IS front spoiler was missing this evening, asked the wife if she took it off. she said no, she thought I did to get it ready for a respray.

So she ate a parking bumper and left the lip as a gift to someone.

So I purchased a POS $60 Ebay lip and a Turner OEM lip guess which one goes on for DD duties.

fuckme......

Comment

Lol. Note to self and wife, always back car into parking spaces.
                E30 M52B28

Comment

I guess the silver lining here is I fixed the IS spoiler rock chip problem.

Backing in.... LOL!! I need to work with her some more on her skilz....

Comment

Working...
                  X