School me on the m20 vacuum setup. Weird idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on the m20 vacuum setup. Weird idle

Anyone have a diagram or some kind of walkthrough on how the m20 vacuum system works? The different hoses and seals etc. My car has always had a weird high idle and I'm now trying to figure it out. It idles around 1100-1200 and doesn't have a warm-up period. My mileage is decent, 20mpg mostly city with a manual trans and 4:10, so I don't think it's simply stuck in warm up mode and running rich due to faulty coolant temp sensor. But I haven't tried replacing that yet. All I've done is clean the idle control valve and replace the big intake boot and air filter. My AFM has the typical wear you see on these cars. The car has a really rough idle in the morning when it's cold out, but is usually solved my holding the tach at 2k for 15 secs. Is this a symptom of my fuel pressure regulator going out? Sometimes the car has a hard time starting when the motor is hot. I replaced my fuel filter and cleaned out the injectors last year. I've tried seafoam, which makes the car run a bit better, but only for a few days after use. I've read that a vacuum leak can cause high idle. I know nothing about the system and would rather DIY than go to a mechanic so if anyone can link me to a thread or have anything to say about it that'd be fantastic

Stock early model m20b25. Thanks for any help you can offer

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

See http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...5&postcount=12
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thanks!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
      X