Home searched after googling a pressure cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home searched after googling a pressure cooker

An anti-terror squad raided the home of a New York family weeks after random Google searches for “pressure cooker”, “Boston Bombing” and “backpack” turned into “a perfect storm.”
    ...the police revealed in a statement they had been acting on a tip from a local employer who noticed the search history on a work computer
    yeah... right... noticed search history :|

An anti-terror squad raided the home of a New York family weeks after random Google searches for “pressure cooker”, “Boston Bombing” and “backpack” turned into “a perfect storm.”

So I'm guessing this lady, her husband and son were all doing Google searches from the mother/fathers workplace computer? Give me a break...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Sad that's where we are today. What if she was searching for bomb pressure cooker recipes? You know, like an explosion of flavor in your mouth.
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Not so fast...

As a result of numerous media inquiries, received today by the Suffolk County Police Department regarding an internet blog posting, the following statement has been made available.

Suffolk County Criminal Intelligence Detectives received a tip from a Bay Shore based computer company regarding suspicious computer searches conducted by a recently released employee. The former employee’s computer searches took place on this employee’s workplace computer. On that computer, the employee searched the terms “pressure cooker bombs” and “backpacks.”

After interviewing the company representatives, Suffolk County Police Detectives visited the subject’s home to ask about the suspicious internet searches. The incident was investigated by Suffolk County Police Department’s Criminal Intelligence Detectives and was determined to be non-criminal in nature.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

So the police are finally concerned with what the government does ;)

Comment

“They mentioned that they do this about 100 times a week,” she said. “And 99 of those turn out to be nothing. I don’t know what happens on the other one per cent of visits and I’m not sure I want to know what my neighbors are up to.”
            Wow, openly admitting their incompetence and over use of force.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
            X