Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little help to a buyer from Spain

Hi everyone,

I am from Spain and Im interested in buying a coilover set for my 87 325i. I search in ebay international and find a good price coils from brands like Megan, D2, XYZ...basically the same with different colours.

My problem is shipping to Spain, that is about 300-500 bucks, so the great price finally goes to a not so good price...

Next October Im travelling to NYC and the surroundings, so I think that I can buy the coil kit in a local dealer and bring back to Spain in my luggage and I have a couple of questions to you

1) Do you think is a good idea? May I have any problems with customs etc?
    2) Do you know any local dealers in the NYC area to buy my coilover kit and get the best price?

Thank you so much guys

PD: a pic of my e30 to make this post more attractive:p
    Attached Files

Nice looking car man, i'm surprised you cant find some decent coilovers in Europe.

With putting them in your luggage you will probably have to pay extra for being over the weight limit with your bag.

You shouldn't have an issue getting a set shipped to you while your in NYC.
    sigpic
    Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
    1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

You are allowed 2 x 50 lbs luggage bags for international travel. Anything over that you'll have to pay. Depending on the airlines, it could be anywhere from $100 to pay-the -actual-overweight. Check with the airlines for excess luggage fees.

Comment

make sure that when you fill out the customs form on your way back home you make a notation that says "car parts" and put a value of like 300.00 or so. you are allowed to bring in a certain value of untaxed foreign goods. i don't know what it would be for spain, but in the USA, you just have to pay the tax over the amount you are exempt.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
        X