E30 ABS Reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 ABS Reliability

From which year did they carry ABSs, and How reliably are they? Do they work well? I really dont remember if mine had it or not, it was a 89 325i.

Thank you
    Sev

I'd be surprised if yours didn't. IIRC only the early 318's didn't have them standard.

And, pretty damn reliable. Simple 3 channel, but reliable and still pretty effective.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

The sensors are often finicky in the wheels if you dont put them in just perfect, but usually bulletproof.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I've "tested" mine and agree they seem to work well.

Comment

Mine doesn't work, wish it did...

Comment

Originally posted by eurolife View Post
            Mine doesn't work, wish it did...
            probably if you go to the junk yard and buy 4 good looking used sensors off a parts car, the chances are pretty good you will fix it.

some years have a problem with the connector where the sensor and the body harness meet. if the car spent its life in a hot climate, they have a tendency to crumble. also people take their suspensions apart, and fuck up the routing of the sensor wires. the cables rub against tires and other moving parts. the wires get all screwed up. if just one sensor is bad, the entire system will fail. i bet if you check these items, you will have it fixed in no time.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

What do you need ABS for in southern california?

Comment

Trust me thats precisely why its needed to have an ABS. These morons cants drive and get YOU in shit, because of their stupidity. Its not a bad thing to rely on them.

Comment

live in socal, deleted my abs almost a year ago, have not cared since.
                  i was in one situation where i had to abruptly stop with my m20 with abs and slammed into a car, but i deleted the abs when swapping to a S cammed M50 and i have locked it up three times since the swap due to other people poor driving without the same outcome. i honestly feel no difference in breaking except for when i slam on it (obviously locks up easier) and even still it doesn't cause an issue and is such a minor difference from how it used to feel.

Comment

thats just my opinion though, most people love it.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                      I'd be surprised if yours didn't. IIRC only the early 318's didn't have them standard.

And, pretty damn reliable. Simple 3 channel, but reliable and still pretty effective.

I thought it was 4 channel?
                      BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

There is only one channel going to the rear. There is a T on top f the rear subframe that splits the brake line to each side.

Comment

Oh right derp.... Sorry
                          BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

Working...
                          X